Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Joy of Silent Film" in the New Yorker

EveCairo

This is a pretty good article thanks. It's just to bad that the priciple subject*,* King Vidor's *SHOW PEOPLE (1928)* has never been released on DVD. Not good at all that the Harold Lloyd New-line 7 Disc Box set has gone out of print recently either.I hope the Lloyd's will be released elsewhere in Blu-ray, but I would be very surprised to see it happen.

And Oh yeah, Chaplin's *CITY LIGHTS* has been out of print in America for over 2 years now in the United States. Both *CITY LIGHTS* and then newly restored original 1925 version of *THE GOLD RUSH* should be out on DVD anhd Blu-ray friom Criterion.hopefully sometime later this year. Possibly, Erich Von Stroheim's *THE WEDDING MARCH* as well. Licensed to Criterion by Paramount in 2007. And still not around.

I sure wish this writter had mentioned *THE BIG PARADE,* and every reviewer of the new *WINGS* DVD and Blu-ray would bring oup *THE BIG PARADE* never having had a release.

• 2 weeks later...

If "The Artist" merely serves as a conduit for people to discover silent film and its many charms, it will have served a purpose. Thankfully, it is far more than that, and I hope it wins best picture and several other awards to go with it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings