Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

programing

jeff3k

to the programers why are you showing movies from the 70s anf 2007? those kind of movies we can see anyware on cable we watch tcm for classics from the 20s to 50s in case you forgot my wife and i own stock and bonds in twx becouse we love the classics not the junk we have been seeing as of late

I've checked the schedule for the month and I can't even find a 2007 movie. There is a Private Screenings dated 2006 and a 2009 Elvis Mitchell interview, but otherwise, the closest thing this month is a showing of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.

It's sad isn't it?

I can understand new posters here trying to post thoughts that they have about things they see that they think should not be on a so-called "classic" movie channel.

What gets me is that I would think that before they post something that they would check out the message boards and do a little research before trying to write something that really does not make any sense.

I agree with you that trying to explain these things to "newbies" is like trying to explain how to program a vcr.

> {quote:title=jeff3k wrote:}{quote}

> to the programers why are you showing movies from the 70s anf 2007? those kind of movies we can see anyware on cable we watch tcm for classics from the 20s to 50s in case you forgot my wife and i own stock and bonds in twx becouse we love the classics not the junk we have been seeing as of late

to the original pster why are you making your first post here a run on sentence and a complaint and why did you spel progrmers with only one m is that the american way of spelling programmers these kind of complaints we can read anywhere we read these boards for more interesting comments about movies from 1880 to 2009 in case you forgot my cat and I own the entire collection of noir dvds from warner plus stock in organic cat food because we love noir movies and quality cat fool not the silly threads we have been seeing as of late

*Everyone is, of course, welcome to their opinions. Even first time posters. And I hate to think about the reactions some of you would have to the same type of responses you posted in this thread.*

*Michael/TCMWebAdmin *

> Everyone is, of course, welcome to their opinions. Even first time posters. And I hate to think about the reactions some of you would have to the same type of responses you posted in this thread.

You know, normally I would agree with you. But I have several different things to say to try and clear this up with you.

If you look at the vast majority of first time posters here they do NOT write what jeff3k wrote as his first post. Obviously he took some time to look around the message board, because not every first time poster starts a new thread. But he did not do enough homework. And the reason for this is simple. He starts his first post with negative comments. As you wrote he is entitled to his opinion.

But if I was going to start writing here as a new member I would try to be as positive as I could be with my first post. Many first time posters are very courteous and often receive generous welcomes from the rest of us.

If Jeff3k had figured out how to create a new thread, then maybe he should have performed searches to find out if this topic had come up before. And he would have found quite a few threads talking about this very subject.

But what he decided to do was just as bad as what we did in replying to him or to others on this thread.

We all should have taken a deep breath and let him know about searching and the fact that this topic is mentioned in quite a few threads on several different forums.

I admit, I ganged up along with several others. And I am sorry for this.

But still, the fact remains that this Jeff could have done a little more research and made his comments in a thread that specifically has this subject in it. Instead he decides that for his first post he is going to play the disgruntled new member just so that he can make a point.

Of course, this is his right as you point out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But again, we all need to learn to be a little more respectful on the boards. Tempers flare up and because as you wrote in the other thread about *Sorry TCM* which you locked earlier this morning, we can not see the *body language and expressions* of the other poster.

I remember when I first joined up. I don't recall making certain less than nice statements right off at the start. But, I tend to think that a new poster here would at least start out more pleasant than trying to "attack" the very entity that he professes to love.

I am also not saying that perfect grammar should be used on the message boards, what I am saying is that when writing any posts proper grammar should at least be attempted.

These are all "concerns" that we longer time users of this message board have to contend with on a daily basis. Most of the time our reactions are very welcoming to new posters. But when a new poster like Jeff3k comes on and decides to make negative comments about the channel we all love and respect, the least he could have done is perform a little research before writing what he did.

I and several other long time posters here spend about as much time dealing with new posters who attempt to stir up trouble as we do in trying to formulate answers to questions we get from other users here. And I think part of that reason is that some posters are banished here and they decide to come back as a different poster who at one time was here as someone else. And they decide to go back to their original ways of disruption and trouble making.

And most of this is because of the way you folks have decided to allow the same people to come back time and time again to post as new posters. Their are a few posters here now who we know for sure were someone else before, and yet they are allowed to come back and sign up once again as a new user name.

All of this HAS NOTHING TO DO with Jeff3k.

I want to make this clear.

These comments from me are an attempt to let you know what we as long-time users here on the message boards must contend with on a daily basis. And when we see comments made by someone like Jeff3k, we all get a little concerned or in some cases riled up that people who come here only want to start of negatively. *Not all posters, but a few.* This is an important distinction.

I Don't mind a little variety in TCM's programming. Without TCM, i'm not watching The Town That Dreaded Sundown , Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice, or The Anderson Tapes to name 3 recently. I rate none of them as "classics", but, each provided me with entertainment B-)

The poster obviously has rigid standards as to what a "classic" movie should be.

He mentions movies from the '70's. Well, that's a range of 30 to 40 or so years! In Michigan, if you have an automobile 25 years or older, IT'S considered a "classic", and you're entitled to a special license plate. Free, from what I hear.

*The Godfather* was made in 1972, and it's considered a classic. *Ghandi* was what? Sometime in the early '80's, and IT'S considered a "classic". I don't believe there's an age reqirement. There's kids in my family that think any movie made before 1998 is TOO OLD to consider watching! Ya gotta wonder just how old the poster is? If my Mother, who was born in 1926, were alive today, she wouldn't consider *I Was a Fugitive From a Chain Gang* as too old of a movie!

Just sayin'...

Sepiatone

> {quote:title=jeff3k wrote:}{quote}

> to the programers why are you showing movies from the 70s anf 2007? those kind of movies we can see anyware on cable we watch tcm for classics from the 20s to 50s in case you forgot my wife and i own stock and bonds in twx becouse we love the classics not the junk we have been seeing as of late

It took me a couple of minutes to be able to clearly figure out what the heck you were trying to say. :|

It should have read like this for legibility's sake (and understanding):

"To the programers: Why are you showing movies from the 70's and 2007? Those kind of movies we can see anywhere on cable. We watch TCM for classics from the 20's to 50's, in case you forgot. My wife and I own stock and bonds in TWX because we love the classics, not the junk we have been seeing as of late."

Some of the other responses here may not have had the best tact, but they were absolutely correct: the OP was absolutely illegible and unintelligible...and really appears to have come from someone who has been here before, but was blocked by the mods and has been allowed to come back to post.

"my wife and i own stocks and bonds"? (and what is "twx" anyway?)...with the spelling and grammatical mess that post was? Yeah, right.

I repeat

> > {quote:title=jeff3k wrote:}{quote}

> > to the programers why are you showing movies from the 70s anf 2007? those kind of movies we can see anyware on cable we watch tcm for classics from the 20s to 50s in case you forgot my wife and i own stock and bonds in twx becouse we love the classics not the junk we have been seeing as of late kreiger, unfortunately when I pasted and quoted in this post, my own comment got mixed in with the original poster's. It kind of detracts from what I was doing to "explain" this, but now that I've separated my post from theirs' , maybe you'll be able to read what I said in response to what they said. I tried to write my post exactly the way they wrote theirs'.

Edited by: misswonderly on Jan 26, 2012 4:04 PM

kreiger, I cannot seem to cut and paste and quote properly here, my comment keeps getting mixed in with the original poster's quote. Just go to the original post and then scroll up a comment or two. The point is, I was making fun of both the run-on style of writing, and the fact that the very first post this person creates here is a complaint, and not a very original one at that.

But when I tried to copy and paste it, it got all messed up.

These boards are very inconsistent with that quote function. I usually hit the "enter" key three times before typing and sometimes it formats properly, other times it doesn't. I was only doing that as I learned that one "hit" does not space things correctly.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings