Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is This Maltin Review Off The Mark?

darkblue

Clicked on 'Rocky' (1976) that's scheduled for this afternoon. The Maltin review is:

Lumbering Flynn vehicle set in Civil War times, with Rebs and Yankees fighting off an Indian attack.

Umm, that seems kinda inaccurate.

Yeah, that's it. The ROCKY review is correct in his book and I don't think Leonard comes in and personally adds his reviews to TCM's schedules. So i guess somebody in TCM's schedules department must have been having a bad day.

In his review of Phantom of the Rue Morgue which aired this morning, Maltin said he found Karl Malden "hammy." I don't agree.

The whole thing was a tacky attempt to top Horror of the Wax Museum, Malden was actually rather restrained for most of it.

So he's 0 for 2 in my book, even if the Rocky thing isn't his fault.

> {quote:title=JonnyGeetar wrote:}{quote}In his review of Phantom of the Rue Morgue which aired this morning, Maltin said he found Karl Malden "hammy." I don't agree.

>

Whether it's Maltin, Ebert, Travers or whoever. Reviews are just one person's opinion. The only difference between a critic's opinion and that of you or me is that they get paid for theirs. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings