Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bring back more Silent films

melm74

I don't think they have, actually. Silents have always been restricted to Silent Sundays, maybe 4-6 a month guaranteed, but over the last couple of years TCM has flooded a couple of months with silent films (October last year - Buster Keaton - and November the year before - for the "Moguls and Movie Stars" history series) and Summer Under the Stars has often been graced by a couple of silent film days (an entire day of Lon Chaney last year, John Gilbert in 2010.) And there's always the random day or night when a lot of silents will be shown (like Chaplin last month.)

I would like to see even more but I think overall the number of silent films may have increased on the channel over the last few years.

Unfortunately, we're about to enter February - 31 Days of Oscar - so we're not going to get much in the way of silent films for the next month and change. Looks like it's only two - White Shadows in the South Seas and Two Arabian Knights.

yes, we all want more silent films that is what classic is all about......just because the Oscars were not arouind for much of that era, does not make them any less appreciated or loved, after all the Oscars are just a political game - the same winners and the same greats were all snubbed year after year, today, no one really cares about the silly Oscars!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings