Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
classicsstarlets

APRIL SCHEDULE IS UP!

Cool! - The 1933 Universal serial THE PERILS OF PAULINE starring Evalyn Knapp on the 28th (first three chapters).

But let's hope they don't actually run them in the order as shown on this schedule: Chapters 2 then 3 then 1.

There's plenty of time to fix that!

Hmm..this doesn't look right; April 10 - Adventures of Tartu (1943) Robert Donat, Valerie Hobson, followed by Sabotage Agent (1943) Robert Donat, Valerie Hobson - it's the same film.

What an eclectic month of programming. I'm happy to see Yul Brynner's 1967 thriller, *The Double Man*, is scheduled. I have only a copy of a VHS release. I also noticed many movies that I have never seen before are lined up, so my recorder will certainly be busy. :)

I did not pick out favorites to post because I understand that this is a work in progress and I do not wish to jinx any that I want to see.

I was generally happy with what I saw. There are some which are new to me on TCM. I believe they may have been aired before in the dim and distant past.

I was greatly disappointed with one because it has Dudley Moore and is a truly terrible movie on all levels. I had hoped TCM would never air such a movie.

I am happy that TCM has scheduled such a varied array of fine movies.

So who is SOTM? Having trouble figuring that out.

I was hoping for more of a Titanic tribute that just showing A NIGHT TO REMEMBER on April 14....

SOTM is Doris Day. I think her movies are being shown during the first week of April instead of split over a night/day per week as usually happens.

> {quote:title=sewannie wrote:}{quote}

> SOTM is Doris Day. I think her movies are being shown during the first week of April instead of split over a night/day per week as usually happens.

I believe that is part of it being a work-in-progress. They make sure all things fit and have some person check all the rights and availability. They can then mix-and-match the days and evenings as blocks to make the final schedule.

Yeah baby a day with Kay Francis I think TCM going back to pre code morning seem like it during month of APRIL

Two Gidget films on the 17th -- leaving me to continue wondering why "Gidget Goes to Rome," a Columbia film, never makes it onto the schedule. I guess it can be argued not this month because it's a beach movie only in passing.

But -- someday? Pretty please? It's a guilty pleasure I'd love to see in letterbox in particular.

Edited by: NewYorkGuy on Feb 3, 2012 1:12 PM