Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RIP Ben Gazzara (1930-2012)

SullivansTravels

I had the pleasure to work with Ben Gazzara on a project in 2002. He was a very sweet man and lived on Madison Avenue in NYC at that time. Many people don't realize that he played Brick in the original Broadway production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, in 1955. Great actor, trained at the Actors Studio with Marilyn Monroe and others.

I was always a fan of "Run for Your Life". If anyone remembers "Arrest and Trial" the fore runner of "Law and Order". The first half was the arrest with Gazzara as a L.A. detective and the second half was the trial with Chuck Connors as the criminal attorney. It was only on for one season.

Well R.I.P.

With the passing of Peter Falk, maybe they are with their buddy John Cassavetes shooting some new films.....

In 2009, Ben Gazzara was the featured guest at an event at the James Stewart Museum in Indiana, Pennsylvania. The museum has coworkers from Stewart's films make appearances on occasion, sadly the number of "eligible" guests is shrinking all of the time. I've never been at the museum when they have such a guest, maybe Ernie Borgnine (who already was there) could appear a second time, that I would try to go see.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings