Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feb. 2 Mexico Film on TCM

RMeingast

Watched "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" last night. Excellent film. Haven't seen it for many years. Have read much about how Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day- Lewis were influenced by this movie for "There Will Be Blood." And after watching "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" last night, I can see the links between the two movies. For example, watching Walter Huston made me think of how Daniel Day-Lewis was inspired for his character in "There Will Be Blood." The facial expressions of Plainview and Walter Huston's character are very similar. The raised eyebrows, squinty eyes, etc.

Anyway, pretty good stuff...

I'm always struck by the contrast between Tim Holt's "The Magnificent Amberson's" role, and his appearrance in "Sierra Mardre". Now, THERE'S a "comeupance"!

I too, have noticed the Daniel Day-Lewis thing. I often notice those sort of things in several movies. For instance, I mentioned here in these forums once that if you close your eyes(or even if you don't), you'll swear that Chis Cooper was channeling Richard Farnsworth for his role in "Seabiscuit". Right down to the voice!

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings