Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Universal's Vault

Janet0312

I was pretty much elated when I found that Universal finally released Man Made Monster, Black Cat 41, and especially Night Monster (a personal fave). I thought that Universal had at last opened their vaults. It seems, however, that they opened their vaults but a crack, because I still can't find the Ritz Bros/Andrews Sisters films. Oh, well. Take what you can.

No kidding. TCM has some great flicks, but I have my doubts that they'll ever show Trail of the Vigilantes. I clasped my hands together when they played Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. Will they play the rest of the dou's series? Nooooo. Ride em Cowboy, Pardon My Sarong.... Not Oscar winners, but amusing as all get out.

As I'm watching Man Made Monster, I can pick out several mummy sets and houses. Keen to see the House of Seven Gables house on Leave it to Beaver.

I'm sure there are plenty of Universal fans, user Prince Saliano has posted quite a bit about MIA Universal titles, supplying lengthy lists of them.

I've been wanting to see NORTH TO THE KLONDIKE and THE ROAD BACK for many years as well as some of the Abbott and Costello or Olsen and Johnson films.

Poor Jeff Chandler is poorly represented on TCM seeing as how he made most of his titles there.

> {quote:title=Janet0312 wrote:

> }{quote}Keen to see the House of Seven Gables house on Leave it to Beaver.

Had you seen that HOUSE OF SEVEN GABLES is scheduled on TCM on Feb. 27?

Always great to see Universals like that on TCM, but I want to see more of the obscure "B" stuff, and more Universal pre-codes.

> {quote:title=Janet0312 wrote:}{quote}Not many Universal fans on this board, are there?

You can count me as another one. I would like UNIVERSAL to get together with TCM/MOVIES UNLIMITED to release a follow up to their CULT HORRORS COLLECTION. I would like to see in such a set the following films:

SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM

THE MAN WHO RECLAIMED HIS HEAD

THE MYSTERY OF MARIE ROGET

MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM

THE CAT CREEPS

THE SPIDER WOMAN STRIKES BACK

I would like to see ALL the DEANNA DURBIN musicals released in a box set and /or shown on TCM, ditto for the MARIA MONTEZ/JON HALL technicolor classics.

So you see, we do exist. Perhaps we're not as vocal as the WARNERS or MGM fans, but they have much to yell about since their films get most of the attention on TCM and in the RETAIL STORES. And, while the Warners Archive and COLUMBIA mod collections have grown, the UNIVERSAL VAULT COLLECTION has remained frozen. Maybe this will change this year with UNIVERSALS' 100th Anniversary, we can only hope.

Some really good movies are in limbo. Let's hope that will change. THE SUSPECT with Charles Laughton , THE WEB with Edmond O'Brien , CORVETTE -225 with Randolph Scott. All three co-starred Ella Raines. Another favorite not seen in a long time; RIDE THE PINK HORSE with Robert Montgomery, Thomas Gomez and a very cute Wanda Hendrix.

Some really good movies are in limbo. Let's hope that will change. THE SUSPECT with Charles Laughton , THE WEB with Edmond O'Brien , CORVETTE -225 with Randolph Scott. All three co-starred Ella Raines. Another favorite not seen in a long time; RIDE THE PINK HORSE with Robert Montgomery, Thomas Gomez and a very cute Wanda Hendrix. Sorry, I forgot the K in Corvette K-225.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings