Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE JOHNSTOWN FLOOD SILENT FILM 1927

JSamuel39

CAN ANYONE HELP ME LOCATE THE ABOVE FILM..

IT STARRED GEORGE O'BRIEN AND JANET GAYNOR

AND SUPPOSEDLY HAD CLARK GABLE AND CAROLE LOMBARD AS EXTRAS

WILL TCM EVER SHOW IT...IT WAS RESTORED BY THE GEORGE EASTMAN HOUSE

AND SHOWN AT A REVIVAL SOMEWHERE IN LOS ANGELES..POSSIBLY AT UCLA

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. MANY THANKS

*THE JOHNSTOWN FLOOD* is a 1926 film. not 1927. It was the first significant role for Janet Gaynor, and she seems to have made a smash hit. I would love to see this movie. Sadly, it is tied up in rights issues to Fox. Unless, they have it scored it isn't likely to turn up on TCM, or anyplace else. Would like to be proven wrong. TCM debuted *WHAT PRICE GLORY? (1926)* from Fox in November with the Movie-tone score. However, the print came from David Shepard, not from Fox.

Just because a film has been restored doesn't mean that you are going to see it right away. It might take several years. In the case, of *THE BIG PARADE* it's been eight years and the not so new anymore restoration still has not premiered on TCM. With Colleen Moore's *HER WILD OAT* it's been 6 years, and no sign of that picture either.

Another Fox Silent I like to see debut is Howard Hawks *FIG LEAVES (1926)* with George O' Brien, Olive Borden, and Phyllis Haver. Recently restored by the Museum Of Modern Art, and I'm told the restoration looks terrific.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings