Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHO CARES ABOUT THE OSCARS?

johnbabe

WHAT???!!! And possibly miss any streaking or one-armed pushups OR some moron who'll walk up get his Oscar and who'll then wanna push his brand of politics upon the proceedings???

(..are you NUTS???...I LIVE for that kinda stuff!!!) :^0

GG exists forever in her films---i might add, how many of today's oscar winners will even be being discussed 70 plus years after they stop making films????????????????/ name one if you can-even by mentioning GG you are proving that she and many of her contemporaries were unforgetable and immortal in their style!

> {quote:title=johnbabe wrote:}{quote}let us hear from TCM's family of good taste viewers, does anyone out there really care who wins this year - give me a break, i will be watching TCM and RO the night the Oscars are on!

You're joking, right?

I wouldn't have been watching every year for almost 40 years if I didn't "really care".

220px-Einstein_tongue.jpg

I'll be watching! Haven't missed an Oscars telecast since the mid-1960s. I don't always agree with them and there are usually a few moments that have me shaking my head (the Riverdance segment leading into Best Editing is still has me scratching my head) but, dang, if I don't wouldn't dream of missing 'em.

Dale,

That makes two of us.I've been watching since the 1950's. Was the Riverdance the "Saving Private Ryan" win for editing. I remember some wacked dance routine for "SPR" and Spielberg looking confused like "What the Hell" and I cleaned that up.......

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings