Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Comcast cable changing rates on TCM channel viewers

evee1210

Has anyone else had this issue recently? I was told I had to upgrade my service in order to watch TCM. Comcast Cable said it was a negotiation TCM made with them to make it a premier channel. I am about to leave Comcast over this issue!! But I want to be sure who is to blame for this MAJOR inconvenience. This is a daily channel for me and to have it taken off is terrible!!

I did upgrade my DVR box and only have TCM on one TV instead of every TV in my house.. In order to have TCM on every TV - I have to pay an additional $9.25 for every TV.. How ridiculous is this??!!!

Any ideas? Suggestions?

*"I want to be sure who is to blame for this MAJOR inconvenience. This is a daily channel for me and to have it taken off is terrible!!"* - evee1210

A few years ago when cable systems were rolling out digital receivers and interactive capablities, TCM was being removed from basic channel line-ups across the country upsetting many viewers. At that time, a TCM staffer wrote in here that the channel had no say or influence on where a cable system places TCM or what it might cost to include it in the line-up at your home. (What tier or level of service may be required, etc.) Even though it was over five years ago that the staffer wrote that, it is probably still true. (But I am not certain)

What you were told by Comcast is likely a "fib" (Notice how no one "lies" anymore. They "mis-speak, etc.) or a distortion of the truth. There may be business reasons between TCM and Comcast driving this change on your cable system but to say that TCM wants their channel to be a "premium channel" doesn't sound truthful to me.

If you do want a response from TCM about the situation, your best option is to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

Kyle In Hollywood

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings