Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mabel Normand

Burton83

Mabel was the undisputed queen of movie comedy before scandal and poor health destroyed her career. I've often said that Colleen Moore was her successor. However, Marie Prevost is probably another strong candidate. Though Colleen was the biggest Star.

PHOTO_16075531_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Mabel Normand with Short Hair*

I've always loved Mabel Normand in her 1918 smash hit *Mickey*, although the storyline seems jumbled, and her hugely underrated 1923 film *The Extra Girl*, which came out after the murder scandal. Lots of theaters wouldn't even show the film even though Normand wasn't ever really implicated.

Wendy,

Great batch of photos. Most of which I have not seen before. Thanks much for these. By the way, one of the features that Mabel made with Tom Moore was recently restored. I'll look up the title as I have forgotten what it was. A film long believed lost. I think it was the Nederlands group the Eye Film Institute that did the work.

• 4 months later...
:) Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some sort of month long Mack Sennett Tribute theme. I didn't know anything about this previously. Many of these are one reel Keystone's though from the very early days. There are a few later shorts and features as we get farther into the month. Many of these titles have never been on TCM before.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings