Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Radio Trivia - Tune in Next Time When....

allaboutlana

Of course, this covers mystery, comedy, game shows, everything on old timey radio.

In probably his most famous episode of his radio show, Jack Benny is robbed at gunpoint, "Your money or your life!" After a pause and the guy asking,"Well?," Jack delivers his classic line, "I'm thinking it over." Jack had on him something that did not belong to him at the time. Besides his wallet, what else did the guy make off with, and why did Jack have it?

Jack Benny was a Valentine's Day baby, by the way.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Feb 14, 2012 8:53 AM

'lana, I don't know what the other Item he supposedly had in that script, but I do have another bit of info about that routine: Both Mr. Benny and his biographer (and writer and producer) Milt Josefberg claimed credit for being the one who wrote that joke.

Other radio stuff to answer all or in part:

...Fill-in-the-blank title: Mr.____, Tracer of Lost Persons.

...What radio sleuth, an insurance claims investigator, narrated his cases in the form of itemizing his expense accounts as the story unfolded?

...Freebie: Who was radio's Marshal Dillon?

Edited by: flashback42 on Feb 14, 2012 12:35 PM

Getting back to the Jack Benny question, which was not fully answered. On the radio program, there was an Oscar-winning actor who was his next door neighbor. He borrowed something that he was supposed to return. But then someone stole it from Jack.

As to metz questioning this thread, there were numerous movie stars who were in radio. So there is a relation. (I could have named it Find the Movie Star in Classic Radio.) This, like any other thread I've created, is here for those who are interested in this type of information. Some are active threads. Some are not.

So this question about Jack Benny is still out there, and not finished. Name the actor who was the neighbor and what Jack borrowed from him. I will give more clues if needed.

lavender's login troubles continue; are under study by TMCADMIN Continuing the thread:

A prolific American stage and screen star did a performance of *A Christmas Carol* every Christmas Eve from 1934 to 1953. He missed only one of these performances -- the Christmas Eve that his wife passed away. Who was that?

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}

> * This show, which aired on NBC radio for ten years, was a quiz show with a twist. Instead of members of the public answering questions, people would send in questions for a panel of experts to tackle.

>

> What was the name of this pioneering quiz show?

Was it "Information Please"?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings