Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ulltimate film villain?

doctorxx

Way too much villainy to choose among, but here are three that jump to mind immediately:

Richard Widmark's Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death

Robert Ryan's Reno Smith in Bad Day at Black Rock

And of course Lionel Barrymore's Mr. Potter in It's a Wonderful Life

Robert Ryan in Bad Day at Black Rock. Great villain there. Good screen presence. Really believed he would kill if he had to.

Lee Marvin, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Joseph Cotton, Shadow of a Doubt

Laird Cregar, The Lodger

George Sanders in Son of Fury and Rathbone's Villains in various movies are kinda similar to me. Not really the scary villains, but, more like comic book villains.

Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in *Schinder's List* .

And...

Kevin Spacey as John Doe in *Se7en* .

(...and yeah yeah folks, I know these aren't from way back in "Hollywood's Golden Era", but once you witness the sheer depravity of these two characters, they have a way stickin' in one's mind as exemplifyin' the ultimate sociopathic villain!)

> {quote:title=thomasterryjr wrote:}{quote}

> Javier Bardem's character, Anton Chigurg, in the film "No Country For Old Men". If you came in contact with this character, spoke to him, or saw him you would be killed. His character was human death and just plain deadly. Chilling and disturbing film villan.

Yes. Now he was chilling. Great newer film also.

I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine and we decided the best film villain ever is Maleficent in SLEEPING BEAUTY. She's so powerful she can turn into a freaky dragon. She always seems to have everything under control. She traps the prince and plans to let him wake up his princess when he's a frail old man (just horrible enough for a little kid to understand). And then there's that terrifying sequence when she appears in the fireplace and hypnotizes Aurora. She even said the word "hell" in a Disney movie-- gasp!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings