Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[b]Lookee Here, "31 Days..." World Travellers![/b]

hlywdkjk

Attention "31 Days..." Globetrotters!

As the month goes along, the travelling TCM Suitcase is certainly getting around.

31DaysSuitcase01

TCM Suitcase in Times Square this past weekend

And the suitcase is getting covered with more and more of the wonderful location labels each day. I love the graphics on these stickers. Such inspired whimsy! I wished I could collect a set for myself. Well, we can!

TCM has made it possible to get a companion set of stickers through the website "GetGlue".

http://getglue.com/

"GetGlue" is an interactive website geared to social media users, like Facebook and Twitter. (But one can also register with a plain-old email account too.) For social media users, it functions as an app displaying the user's activities and interests by posting "messages/updates" from you on Facebook or Twitter. (Or, if you have an email account, posting it at the "GetGlue" website.) The site works with moblie phones and ipads.

So how does it work?

If one is watching the Italian-themed films on TCM today, just "check-in" at the TCM page at "GetGlue". The site posts a message updating your actvity _AND_ you'll be awarded an Italian Travel Sticker from TCM!

GG_tcm_31_days_of_oscar_italy

TCM even awards you a special "31 Days" Suitcase Sticker when you start your "trip" and check-in for the first time.

GG_cinema_voyager

Plus when you sign-up, you receive a "Discount Sticker" for use at the TCMStore too.

At first, the sticker is only a "virtual" one to be displayed on your "Get Glue" album or on your Facebook wall or Twitter feeds, etc. But if one collects enough virtual stickers, the site mails you the "real" ones! How cool is that?

I can see this being really popular if one "tweets" or updates Facebook often anyway. And there are pages for many other media outlets too. You can collect stickers for all sorts of music, TV or movies that interest you. (Westminister Kennel Club Dog Show, anyone?) I can see how this could become an obsessive time-waster for many people. But even if one only has an interest in TCM, "31 Days..." or the Luggage Labels, it is a pretty fun activity.

I think the individual labels only become available when the programming begins for each of the travel locations. One should be able to collect the "Italy" sticker all day today. Tomorrow the "Pacific Ocean" and "Africa" labels will be awarded. At least, I think that is the case, but I am not 100% certain. I'll have to investigate further.

As an admirer of this year's Travel Theme and the Luggage Labels, I thought I'd share with everyone here this opportunity to collect some of your very own. It doesn't surpass the Michael Schwab SUTS Trading Cards from 2010 but it still _very_ special and a perfect online promotion for TCM and "31 Days Of Oscar."

BTW - don't forget to register for the "31 Days..." Sweepstakes. TCM is giving away that globe-trotting suitcase which has been filled with some pretty cool stuff for TCM watchers.

http://www.tcm.com/2012/31days/

http://shop.tcm.com/register.php?sweepstakes=TCMOscarSweeps02012012&ecid=PRF-TCM-100200&pa=PRF-TCM-100200

Kyle In Hollywood

Registered at "GetGlue" as Kyle_In _Hollywood

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings