Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

mother dolores hart to attend oscars!

cee

The underlying issue to this sitatuon of the documentary film and her appearance on "Oscar" night is a means for Sister Hart to raise money on behalf of her depleted, struggling abbey. This is why she has in the past several years come out from under her seclusion, while the abbey has suffered from a lack of financial support. Well, there simply isn't any better way to raise money, than by somebody who was once a part of show business! This sort of big publicity, garnered at an event that's one of the biggest, most watched, world wide is too good for a cause to pass up! B-)

The saddest part is that the fabulously weathly RC church is not supporting its own they way it used to. The closure of St. Vincent's Hospital a few years ago, the major Catholic hospital in NYC and Greenwich Village's primary hospital, is another blot on the RC church. To put it in movie terms, it's more a case of The Nun and the Devil than The Nun's Story. I wish Mother Dolores well and hope she finds her funds, but I think they should come from her church.

> {quote:title=Swithin . . .}{quote}

{font:Arial}Well, I also feel very sad about what was done. While the good Sister has her cause to consider and is being somewhat abandoned by the religious, administrative order of the situation, it’s come to the simple issue of using her past clout of fame. Had there been no need for this, Sister Dolores and the abbey would have remained out of the spotlight. My contention towards this matter is the point out the underlying reason for what is in some respects a last ditch, desperate plea for help. Of course, the idea of the film she appeared in is for a good cause and this doesn’t really mean anything so inappropriate. It’s just that for the longest time, she preferred a life of seclusion within the abbey, refusing to address anything relating to her past days as a film star. Even when a man appeared, proclaiming to be her son, by way of a secret love affair with Elvis, Sister Dolores remained steadfast in not making any public statements and ignored the media and its request to have her speak out over various claims about her past. Time and circumstance would have to change this attitude, once it became apparent, she would have a means to take advantage of her past and perform a deed towards what she believes to be a righteous position. It just goes to show that when the chips are down, it’s relevant to make the best possible move one has at their disposal. {font}

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings