Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a good DVD copy of "Exodus" out there?

rjsdvd

Does anyone know of a good DVD or Blu-Ray edition of "Exodus"? The domestic one produced by MGM/UA some years ago is underwhelming to say the least, and deficient in so many areas (not anamorphic, no overture or intermission music, etc.). I know that a DVD and Blu-Ray edition of "Exodus" were released in France just a very short while ago. Has anyone seen this edition, or are there other foreign editions that anyone has seen. All comments are welcome! (I have an all-region Blu-ray player, so regional codes are not an issue.)

>Does anyone know of a good DVD or Blu-Ray edition of "Exodus"? The domestic one produced by MGM/UA some years ago is underwhelming to say the least, and deficient in so many areas (not anamorphic, no overture or intermission music, etc.). I know that a DVD and Blu-Ray edition of "Exodus" were released in France just a very short while ago. Has anyone seen this edition, or are there other foreign editions that anyone has seen. All comments are welcome! (I have an all-region Blu-ray player, so regional codes are not an issue.)

The MGM/UA DVD was also encoded at a fairly low bitrate so that the nearly 3 1/2-hour movie could be crammed onto a single disc, which is why the image is so fuzzy.

While I've never been a huge fan of this movie (or anything else by Otto Preminger) as drama, it is gorgeous to look at and deserves a first-class transfer in Blu-ray.

What all-region Blu-ray player do you have? I've been looking for one at a reasonable price, but have found that a lot of those being advertised as such aren't. It's doubly confusing because some function as all-region DVD players, but not region-free Blu-ray players.

I have a Curtis Blu-ray player (Model 1102). Although this is not advertised as an multi-region player, there is a code you use that allows the playing of Region B and C blu-rays, and any region DVD (the code basically changes all DVDs to Region 0.) I purchased it in Canada, where I live. It wasn't expensive (about $150 if my memory serves me correctly.) My only concern is that this model is discontinued, so I don't think firmware updates are available, so I might be upgrading to a more expensive model myself.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings