Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello. I'm Robert Osborne

MontyC

Gelett Burgess was an art critic, artist, poet, author, illustrator and editor. It was he who wrote:

I never saw a purple cow.

I never hope to see one.

But I can tell you anyhow

I'd rather see than be one.

Within a span of two years all of his other works and accomplishments were considered secondary to his writing that one nonsense poem. He became so tired of people reciting it that he wrote a follow-up:

Ah, yes, I wrote the "Purple Cow."

I'm Sorry, now, I wrote it.

But I can tell you Anyhow

I'll Kill you if you Quote it!

Believe it or not I've had this very thought for a long time. However, this thread is slightly wrong.

RO has, to my knowledge never said Hello, He always says "Hi"

I've had his exact tone and rhythm in my head for years now. Hi, I'm Robert Osborne, Hi, I'm Robert Osborne...

I hear it everytime I see him.

yancey

> {quote:title=Sprocket_Man wrote:}{quote}

> > Just as a change of pace, he should begin one intro with, "Hello, I'm Robert Osborne, and you're not".

> No, "Hello, I'm Robert Osborne" is the only statement Osborne makes in his introductions that you can count on to be accurate.

LOL!!!

Sprocket, sometimes your sardonic humor just cracks me up BIG-TIME!!! :^0

(...btw, I sure hope that there's supposed to be that hyphen between the words "big" and "time" there, 'cause if there AIN'T..err..I mean, if there isn't, YOU'LL sure let me know!...OR, should THAT have been, "SURELY let me know"?...yeah, I'm not all that bad with all this "sardonic" crap MYSELF, am I?!) :^0

I'll say this, I'll miss that man when he's gone. He truly loves old Hollywood and the classics. I owe Robert Osborne a big thanks for helping get me interested in the classics. His narratives and such, even before screening obscure films(I remember Curse/Night of the Demon being one of the first TCM movies I watched years ago and his description of Dana Andrews) are great I think. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings