Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stand-by line?

celticelle

I waited too long to purchase my Festival pass this year and will be forced to try to attend some screenings stand-by. Has anyone done this before and been successful in getting a seat at most of their choices? Really want to see Singin' in the Rain but know this will be particularly tough. What do you think would be the odds of getting into that standby?

Last year my cousin (who lives in LA and did not have a pass) wanted to see Fantasia and I had thought the the opening and closing events (Fantasia was the latter) were limited to passholders only. However, we had no problems getting her (and her husband) seats at Grauman's for the film. There were also seats available at Breakfast at Tiffany's. Other films (such as Spartacus with Kirk D. on Saturday evening) was a capacity event, so the star-draw, movie show time, and size of the venue are important factors in this regard. In general, I would say your chances are good, considering that Singin' was shown at a previous festival. Hope this helps.

Cinecrazy DC

• 5 weeks later...

For what it's worth someone I sat with at Breathless (with Jean Paul Belmondo in attendance) at TCMFF 2010 got there 2 hours early was #1 on line and got in just fine

I'd add an hour to that and cross my fingers for Singin In The Rain though...that's a hugely popular film (though it is screening in the big Chinese which improves your chances)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings