Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE 84th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARD CONTEST. WHERE IS MR. OSBORNE & TCM ON IT???

<address>This marks my 30th year oddsmaking/handicapping/predicting the winners! Started with 1982 & did lousy the 1st 5yrs though. I was too GREEN I RECKON' Though within the past decade I was lucky enough to even win a couple online awards. TCM & Mr. 0sborne never even have a contest, where top winners-(NOTE: I'm only talking the top 8 majors too) Winners could get items from it's marvelous store & such?

Well, here are my 2012 forecast-(not especially my favs.):

BEST PICTURE: "THE ARTIST"-(my fav.), BEST ACTOR: GEORGE CLOONEY, "The Descendants"

ACTRESS: VIOLA DAVIS, "The Help"-(NOTE: Streep now holds a by far record of 17 noms.!)-toughest race) S, ACTROR: CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER, "The Beginners"-(will make him oldest winner!) S. ACTRESS: OCTAVIA SPENCER, "The Help" DIRECTOR: MICHEL HAZANAVICUS, "The Artist"" 0. SCRIPT: "Midnight in Paris" -(Woody Allen is already champ here with 16!)& A. SCRIPT: "THE DESCENDANTS" (PLEASE SAVE & COMPARE & PREDICT OWN!)</address> Biggest $B.O.$ hit of the BP-(9, which is asinine!) "The Help" ($l60m.)

Tried to get fans to outguess the almost 6,000 members of the AMPAS in yrs past, but nothing?

& Robert write "THE BOOK"

Edited by: myidolspencer on Feb 25, 2012 3:23 AM

> I just saw Nick Nolte. He's not aging well.

But, he still has his acting chops. Any doubts, watch HBO's new series, *Luck* where every week, Nolte provides a master class in acting.

I am now waiting for the actual program to start and not watching any more of the red carpet until then. The few times I have switched there, it has been the same thing. I can't stand one more, "Who are you wearing tonight?"

Well, got just enough time to make Fettuchini Alfredo for the show. LOL, far better than popcorn.

Update: Yay, two Oscars for Hugo right off the bat (my favorite film of the year).

Edited by: filmlover on Feb 26, 2012 8:47 PM

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}

> It's 11:36 EST. The Artist just won best picture.

>

> Meryl Streep finally won her third Acadamy Award.

>

>

> I've been up almost 18 hours.

>

>

> The show came in at 3 hours and 38 minutes.

>

Are you thinking it started at 8 EST?

Didn't see too many surprises. Always loved Billy as host. Was the shortest Oscar telecast in a long time. I didn't see most of the nominated films, so I can't claim any disappointment. Except maybe in the "memorial" tribute, where several people were left out.

Sepiatone

I like Billy Crystal too, but I found his hosting performance last night to be rather flat. Also, it makes me uncomfortable to see how obvious his face-lift or "work" or whatever it's called, is. I don't usually like to comment or criticize about this stuff - none of my business, and I like to think I'm "above" such lowly considerations - but it was very obvious to me, and it made me sad.

So many famous people have this done, and they don't seem to realize that it does not make them look younger, it just makes them look weird. I'd have thought Billy would have had enough self-awareness and sense of humour to have resisted pressure to have his face "done".

( sorry, I know this is hardly pertinent to anything, really.)

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}I am now waiting for the actual program to start and not watching any more of the red carpet until then. The few times I have switched there, it has been the same thing. I can't stand one more, "Who are you wearing tonight?"

>

My thouhts exactly!! As I stated on another thread: WHO CARES!!!

(actually it appears a lot of people do but I'm not one of them).

> {quote:title=

> MontyC wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}I am now waiting for the actual program to start and not watching any more of the red carpet until then. The few times I have switched there, it has been the same thing. I can't stand one more, "Who are you wearing tonight?"

> My thouhts exactly!! As I stated on another thread: WHO CARES!!!

>

> (actually it appears a lot of people do but I'm not one of them).

I agree-- who cares? I think I'm the only 28 year old woman on earth who watches the Oscars but NOT the red carpet part.

And I disagree about Billy-- I thought he was hilarious, but he always had a sort of "dry" delivery, which I like, but can see why that wouldn't appeal to everyone. But I don't disagree about his face lifting--why do they think we won't notice? If only he was the only one....