Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Trivia book

GGGoodwin

How shocking to recieve my copy of Classic Movie Trivia and find a mistake on the first day while I was browsing through it. On page 143 Question 70 asks about Burt Lancaster's first television appearance and says it was in 1969 on Sesame Street. I'm sorry but I have a DVD of his guest appearance on the Colgate Comedy Hour with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis in the fifties. Oh Robert Osborne how could you allow such a mistake to happen?

I found an error while playing Trivial Pursuit, one of the movie or TV editions. It had to do with crediting Connie Stevens as a regular on SURFSIDE SIX when actually it was HAWAIIAN EYE.

So I sent them a letter, just an FYI for future reference and I included an anecdote about how I could rarely find anyone who wanted to play the game with me unless we were playing partners.

They actually sent a response and told me that such errors existed on purpose for the sake of validating any potential copyright infringement. It also said that there were other such intentional errors in the game and they wished me luck in finding them.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings