Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone remember Carla Lehmann ?

MisterChristian

I'm a history blogger from Winnipeg Manitoba. Last week was the 95th anniversary of Carla Lehmann's birth.

She was born and raised in Winnipeg and did some local theatre while in high school. After graduating she went to England to study drama. During the 1940s she appeared in a number of stage plays and about ten British films, cast with folks like James Mason, Stewart Granger and Hugh Williams.

After taking time to have a famaily she returned to acting in the early 1950s but mainly to British television dramas and serials.

I lose track of her after 1952. I have found a couple of references to the fact that she died in "December 1990". I wonder if there are any Brit stage or cinema fans out there that might be able to fill in some of her last four decades for me.

My post about Carla Lehmann is here http://westenddumplings.blogspot.com/2012/02/look-back-at-winnipeg-actress-carla.html

Edited by: MisterChristian on Feb 27, 2012 11:58 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings