Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cirque du Soleil at the Kodak - see during your time here

filmlover

"Iris" is a special show. If one saw the Cirque du Soleil portion of the Oscars tonight, you have an idea of what to expect. (Though the piece seen on the Oscar telecast was created especially for the program and is not part of "Iris".)

But be forewarned. The seats start at $43 - which come with obstructed views. And the price continues up well past $200/seat for the "Premium Experience.".

And the show is not about the "movies" (which was the subject of the Oscar presentation.) It is about "cinema". Though it incorporates many of the techniques seen tonight, "Iris" doesn't specifically reference Hollywood in the show. (No Cary Grant film clips in "Iris".)

But if you are a "Cirque" fan, are arriving in Hollywood early that week and have deep pockets, it is something you should consider.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/iris/default.aspx

Kyle In Hollywood

Thanks for explaining that in more detail, Kyle.

Most of the show deals with, as I mentoned, the earliest days of cinema, but there is (or was, when I saw it) a fun salute bit to film noir.

And I would go again just to see all those aerialists that everyone got to see part of last night.

As far as seating, that is a tough call. I was center orchestra, not too far from the stage, but at times there is so much going on the stage at one time that you don't know where to look. You need to be further back or higher up to take it all in, possible in one of the balconies.. HOWEVER, there is one major advantage to sitting in the orchestra seats...when they fly above you on straps or when the trapeze artists appear, you are awestruck as you look straight up at them above you.

• 4 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings