Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Casablanca Theatrical Showing

I want to purchase tickets at a local theater to see Casablanca on March 21st, but the theater people don't know anything about it and it's not listed on their website. The link for the event lists the theater (Hulen Movie Tavern in Fort Worth), but Fandango doesn't. How do I go about verifying if this theater really is showing this movie? I'm not getting any cooperation from the theater folks either by phone or in person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Fossil Creek and Ridgmar are our alternate locations we'd go to, but Hulen Movie Tavern is just a couple blocks from where we are so were hoping to go there - if it is really going to be showing the movie, that is.

Gerb, I suggest you order your tickets throught the link provided at the TCM page. I had no problem at all and you get a confirmation number. Just because the local theater folks don't know anything about it doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm going to see the movie in Louisville, Ky.

Thanks, Tall Paul. We finally bought the tickets in bulk at the next closest theater because our church community group didn't want to miss getting the same time/location.

As for the other poster who asked "who cares?", if it was directed to me: I DO; otherwise, I wouldn't have posted it.

I want to go to this but heard there were problems with the West Side Story showing in Nov where screenings in some cities began too soon, and people who showed up at the appropraite time saw a movie already one hour in progress.

I believe that screening occurred right after the clocks were turned back an hour for the fall and winter.

Hopefully, that won't happen as we just sprung ahead for spring and summer.

The fact that the screening is a little over a week from now, the theaters should have their clocks adjusted by the time the screening happens.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the sound off during the Introduction, the film, beautiful as it looked, needed a brightness controll.... almost as if a gauze had been draped across the lens... Wonder what the people at 7PM are seeing....?

We never had these timing, sound, or visual problems in the old days. We would have torn a theater apart if we had had such problems. You should have heard the uproar whenever a projectionist forgot to change his carbon and the picture went out. It was like a riot inside the theater. In my lifetime, that happened only about 3 or 4 times in 40 years.

What's with modern people? Don't they know how to show a movie? Are they using electronic equipment to show this, or is it on film?

Jattok,

I'm sorry you had issues with your viewing. I guess my eyes aren't keen enough to notice the brightness issues. Twelve of us from church went to see this, and it was AWESOME on the big screen! Thanks TCM! Please do this more often.