Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unknown movie

RayHawk

Though I am 50, I do rememberr the great movies, and the ones that stood out in my mind. I posted here before, and answer solved on another movie. this one might be a little harder, but I hope not...

I remember parts of a movie, to me it was a given, loved trains beyond words. this was strance, it was set in a palace, or Sultans palace. he had more or less a mini railroad inside of his palace. a (from what I believe) he could ride around the inside and i think outside with. .... told ya this would be a zinnger...

I have tried to watch and search with any movie with a train in it, that had those settings in it. and no luck. so thought I would try here again. and if its out on a DVD then I will get it for my collection. but first to find it...

Thank you in Advance. (sorry no prizes to figure this out out, but a greatful thanks)

Ray

No, I am pretty sure it was a Comedy... now we are talking back in the late 60's early 70's (no cable back then) lol maybe with bob hope, or bing crosby, maybe even danny kay? wish I could remember more but it has been bugging me for years..

Could it be The Thief of Bagdad (1940)? I know the Sultan in that movie loved mechanical toys and had them all through his palace. I don't remember a train, but he had so many toys that a train could easily have been included.

• 2 years later...

This is from a long time ago, but for some reason it stuck with me.  I think I might have a suggestion for the original poster, if they're still around.  Try John Goldfarb, Please Come Home, with Shirley MacLaine, Richard Crenna, and Peter Ustinov:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/79814/John-Goldfarb-Please-Come-Home/

And 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sC3qFagqMw

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings