Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thankyou TCM for a stellar night in New York!

LTJennings

I was richly rewarded attending TCM's generous free screening last night at our beloved Ziegfeld Theatre to see the incomparable To Kill A Mockingbird on the big screen. To experience the film we all love so deeply, and on the big screen for the first time as it was intended, freshly redefined the power, intimacy, and artistry this film ever presents. To have Robert Osborne and Spike Lee in person for an introduction and discussion was incredibly meaningful and appreciated. If you have an opportunity in your city to see one of TCM's On the Road To Hollywood night's—don't miss it. Print your PDF ticket out asap as they go quickly!

The "Road to Hollywood" lineup looks amazing. This is one drawback to living in Canada--so far away from these great events. I'll enjoy it vicariously through you, and appreciated your comments. *TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD* is a a favourite of mine as well; to see it on the big screen would, indeed, be amazing. I'm super excited about attending my 1st TCM film festival, though, this April. Hollywood, here I come!

Since the road to hollywood screenings are first come, first serve.. is there a time anyone would suggest arriving at the venue to be assured a seat? I mean, how packed do these screenings get? They're coming to ATL this year with 7 Brides for 7 Bros, which I'm so stoked about since I missed it at the festival last year... I really want to make sure I get to see it!

*"Since the road to hollywood screenings are first come, first serve.. is there a time anyone would suggest arriving at the venue to be assured a seat? I mean, how packed do these screenings get?"* - Amlea.King

I think the biggest determinate would be the size of the theater where the film is showing. The RIch Theater at the Woodruff Arts Canter seems to have a capacity of "just" 420 seats. That's not too big for a free screening.

http://www.woodruffcenter.org/special-events/theatre-spaces-rich.aspx#

If you are really commited to seeing the film and discussion, get there as early as you can that evening. How "early" is up to you. The screening is scheduled to start at 7:30pm. But I don't think you need to be there at 4pm. Or 5pm.

Kyle In Hollywood

thanks for the feedback! wish it wasn't a weekday! i have a lot of friends that would like to go as well... but since im the only teacher that gets off at 3, it kinda makes it hard for them to make it 2 hours early. i hope thats not required for a seat!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings