Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Smash (Is Anyone Watching)

sfpcc1

Is anybody out there watching the new NBC show Smash? It's about the making of a musical about Marilyn Monroe,

(so I guess it's relevant to classic films.) It's kind of soapy but rather entertaining.

I'm enjoying watching

Smash, even though it has barely begun. It's good to see Debra Messing in a series again, and the music is quite good. I'm really hoping that this becomes a hit for NBC, since the channel has been going through rough times lately.

Terrence.

I'm kind of reluctnant to tune in because the same individuals who insisted that I "Just HAVE to!" see *Will And Grace, 30 Rock* and *Glee* , which mightily disappointed me, are doing it now with *Smash* . Just might take some time...

Sepiatone

I've been fairly impressed with it so far. Especially with the musical numbers during rehearsals, they're well written and preformed. The basic plot is as old as the hills, but so far they have delivered the goods.....

Is anyone else bothered by the casting for Joe DiMaggio in this thing? We've seen the actress cast as Marilyn both as herself and as Marilyn, so I thought that when we got to see the guy in the fully realized numbers, he'd be made to look at least a little like Dimaggio. Instead we got Mickey Mantle. I'm not sure how long I'll be taking this show seriously if they're not going to.

• 1 month later...

We'll It's close to the end of the season of Smash. Is anybody still watching this? (I Am, it's made some interesting twists and turns.) The musical numbers are still really good. I like the one at the Bar Mitzvah, (Shake It Up, I'm not that all familiar with music made after the year 2000.)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings