Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drew was Amazing

lexygbh

*Hi this is my first post but I am a long time fan of TCM and Drew Barrymore.*

*I'd like to meet some other fans but I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to do that. So any advice, please. I apologize for looking like an idiot lol..*

*Drew you and Robert have great chemistry, please please stay for as long as you can, you both made tonight very interesting.*

*Thanks*

*lexygbh@hotmail.com*

*Thunder Bay Ontario Canada*

Welcome aboard to a fellow Canuck! Hope to see more of your comments on the messageboards.

I didn't see Drew's appearance on The Essentials but with the comments that I've read about her, I'm not surprised that she made an impressive debut with Robert. After all, she's a part of quite the family dynasty. Whatever words are ever used to describe her grandfather John, dumb is never one of them.

Lake Superior State College is the home of "The Unicorn Hunters", a group dedicated to end the "abuse and misuse" of the English language. Each year, with the help of outside contributions, they compile a list of "bannished" words or phrases. They get on this list largely due to their overuse in the lexicon. Other reasons for bannishment can be redundance, corruption, or just plain silliness.

One of the words on the 2011 list is "AMAZING". Mostly due to it's overuse in situations where something, or someone, that is essentially just very comptent, or very good suddenly becomes "amazing".

That being said, there's no doubt in my mind that Ms. Barrymore did a top shelf job with her appearance with Bob on "The Essentials". I've seen and read several interviews she did and it's clear her head is firmly on her shoulders and not up her butt. Of course, being a Barrymore is no gaurantee of intellect, or even cognizant thought, but she is doing her family heritage proud. And I, for one, am busy KICKING *MY* butt, to the point of nearly breaking my jaw, for having missed her appearance! And I asked this before, but doesn't it seem that Drew is starting to look more and more like Great Aunt Ethel?

Sepiatone

> Were there two Essentials last night? I turned it on late, and caught them discussing SPINAL TAP as an Essential.

Yes, there are a couple of late-night Essentials this season.

Hi 'lexygbh' -

Welcome to TCM City.

Last night's debut episode of the Essentials was a great way to start the season. Drew Barrymore seemed truly excited to be sitting in the "Red Chair" to discuss a movie she really likes. And Robert Osborne appeared positively smitten with the legacy of the Barrymore family across from him. They are definitely enjoying each other's company.

When RO said that he was truly excited to have her there because often "these things don't work out", I could tell he meant it. You can read a bit more about her co-hosting here -

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-news.html?id=457581&name=Drew-Barrymore-Joins-TCM-Showcase-The-Essentials-with-Robert-Osborne

I think the "Robert And Drew Show" is going to be a popular season of "The Essentials". And the film selections this year are pretty good too.

Kyle In Hollywood

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings