Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leo Genn

filmlover

Watching "The Snake Pit," I am reminded how much I like Leo Genn's work. He brings a lot of class to the parts he plays. My favorite of his films is "Quo Vadis" in which he is able to insult Nero with wit without Nero knowing he has been insulted or manipulated.

6807827944_2eca6138f3.jpg

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

{font:Times New Roman}I fell for Leo Genn when I saw him in *Quo Vadis?* which, I think, got him an Oscar nomination along with Peter Ustinov. He sealed the deal with *The Snake Pit* and *The Longest Day.* {font}

{font:Times New Roman}I also loved his gentle sarcasm and the final letter to Nero. The feminist side of me wonders how that slave girl could love a master, even a gentle one, but my womanly side would have run faster to pack than she did and die with him. I’ll watch anything he’s in at least once.{font}

{font:Times New Roman}He started out to be a lawyer; with that face and voice he could have made Prime Minister. I’m so glad he didn’t. Thank you for the photo. {font}

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings