Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dynasties

Sepiatone

Just how many acting dynasties are there? Or were there? Might be more than I'm aware of, but the well informed crowd in these forums might know of more. Off hand, I can come up with:

Carradine (John, David, Keith, Robert)

Barrymore (John, Lionel, Ethel, John Drew, Drew)

Baldwin (Alec, Billy, Sam, Adam, Germaine, Tito...)

Fonda (Henry, Peter, Jane, Bridget)

Howard (Rance, Ronnie, Clint and Ron's daughter, whose name escapes)

Bottoms (Tim, Sam and Joe)

Sheen/Estevez (Martin, Charlie, Emilio, and Martin's brother, who looks a lot like him and did some acting)

Douglas (Kirk, Michael, and a couple of grandkids, I think)

So, who did I leave out? I KNOW there had to be quite a few.

Sepiatone

Edited by: Sepiatone on Mar 5, 2012 10:49 AM

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

{font:Times New Roman}Ron Howard’s actress daughter is Bryce Dallas who is also now a director.{font}

{font:Times New Roman}Let’s not forget the Bridges family who with Jordan makes three generations in the business.{font}

{font:Times New Roman}Tom Hanks’ son, Collin, is doing quite well for himself as well. Jane Fonda’s son, Troy Gerrity, is an award-nominated actor and Allison Eastwood has obviously been studying how Dad does it and learned well. Going into the family business still seems to be the way to go for some folks.{font}

Actually there are three generations of Caradines. Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope, The River Rat, Running On Empty) is Keith Caradine's daughter. Also Robert Caradine's daughter Ever was on a few TV shows, (Party Of Five I think, Once And Again.)

Here a dynasty not quite as notiable as the Fonda's, The Elliot's. Bob Elliot from the comedy duo Bob And Ray.

Chris Elliot from David Letterman, Get A Life And Cabin Boy. Abby Elliot who is now on Saturday Night Live.

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:

> }{quote}Just how many acting dynasties are there?

>

>

>

> Barrymore (John, Lionel, Ethel, John Drew, Drew)

>

>

>

>

>

> So, who did I leave out?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

We CAN'T forget Diana Barrymore (daughter of John)!

She basically made only six movies (at Universal, 1942 - 1944) in starring roles including the delightful comedy BETWEEN US GIRLS and the excellent dramatic NIGHTMARE.

May she never be a forgotten member of her famous family!

More info on her:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058208/bio#quotes

Not that they're "dynasties" but I was watching A DAY AT THE RACES yesterday and noticed that both of the two leads went on to have famous kids: Allan Jones' son is the classic crooner Jack Jones and Allan's ingenue is Mia Farrow's mommy.

Then of course there's the father and son comedy team of Ed Wynn and Keenan Wynn. Does a "dynasty" have to be three generations?

Edited by: LonesomePolecat on Mar 6, 2012 5:17 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings