Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Special Guests

Hello 'aggie-obsessed' -

Last year, Club TCM did host "signing events" with some of the Special Guests - including Debbie Reynolds - where attendees could purchase a book or DVD and chat up a star for a few minutes. Hopefully the 2012 Classic Film Festival will schedule events like that again this year. But because Debbie Reynolds was featured at such an event last year, she may not be asked to do another one this year.

Still, I believe she is scheduled to speak at two screenings this year (How The West Was Won and Singin' In The Rain) so you may have more of an opportunity to speak with her than some of the other Special Guests at the Film Festival.

I can't speak from personal experience though. I didn't "meet" any of the Special Guests at past Festivals. (Met a lot of great TCM folks, though.) Maybe someone else can tell you if meeting a star for a quick chat before or after a screening is difficult or not.

Kyle In Hollywood

Hi Kyle & Aggie,

Debbie Reynolds would be fairly easy to access, if she's present.

She would have been a graduate of MGM's Lillian Burns training in the 40's and 50's; and she and Gloria De Haven and Ann Rutherford and Anne Jeffreys, if they're there, know how to accept and engage fans properly.

One doesn't want to monopolize their time, however. Good manners are paramount!!

Larry

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings