Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CAN NOT GET ANY SUPPORT

Garry1234

CAN ANYBODY HELP ?

On Feb 25 I posted an article about a performer named, Harry Hepcat.

http:// www. tcm.com/tcmdb/person/1022638|0/Harry-Hepcat/

I received an automatic email acknowledging this.

But nothing more happened. Nothing got posted. In the meantime

I realized I had screwed up the formatting and left out some

facts. I wanted to update what I had submitted.

I sent two emails to the support center.

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

NO REPLY ! So, I just resubmitted the corrected article.

I did NOT receive an automatic email acknowledging this.

How do I get my corrected article posted ?? I have heard

nothing from anybody. Where can I ACTUALLY get technical

support ?? What is going on?

TCM's database is actually powered by the American Film Institute's database which is generally acknowledged as usually having the most accurate information. So it's the AFI and not TCM that actually makes additions or corrections to entries. Unlike many online sites, which just add anything submitted by the public without checking, the AFI verifies the information first. If that's the case, there's no telling how long it takes to show up.

This is a pretty ignorant reply. Harry Hepcat is not well known nationally, true. The fact that he appeared in American Classics is verified by TCM, because they listed him

http:// www. tcm.com/tcmdb/title/458489/American-Classics/

and

http:// www. tcm.com/tcmdb/person/1022638|0/Harry-Hepcat/

He is known among industry types. His biography space is blank and I wanted to fill that space.

Garry1234 -

The TCMDatabase is maintained by TCM. User submitted information will be reviewed and added if it is verifiably factual and relevant. It is not a user updated "wiki" site.

Now, Harry Hepcat was a commentator on a single television program. If TCM determines that adding to his biographical information would be valuable to the TCMDatabase, it will likely do so. But if the material submitted is of a promotional nature or appears to be using the Database for personal purposes, TCM may very well reject it.

It can take weeks for additions or changes to the Database to be implemented. It has been only 10 days since you submitted the information on Harry Hepcat. If, at the end of April, the material hasn't been added to the database then use the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of every page in the Forums to get in touch with TCM.

Kyle In Hollywood

Your links don't work.

Harry's website says he is in the movie Catch Me If You Can, but IMDB has no listing of him being in that movie.

Harry claims on his website that Elvis said about him: "Harry Hepcat is like a brother, not by blood but by what he does." But this quote doesn't turn up on any other website during a google search.

{font:Arial, sans-serif}REPLY{font}

{font:Arial, sans-serif}The links do work. You have to cut and paste them and take out the blanks. I inserted the blanks because complete URLs don't alway post.{font}

{font:Arial, sans-serif}As for the rest of your message, nothing inaccurate was posted. However, before I go on the defense I want to know exactly who I am talking to. If you have some authority at Turner, contact me privately and give a name, title and phone number where you can be reached.{font}

*Garry,*

*If the people who review your submission think it has some relevance to the Turner Classic Movies database, I'm sure they'll add it. As the administrator of these forums, I'd suggest you let the matter drop now.*

*Michael/TCMWebAdmin *

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings