Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Convention City WB 1933

doctorxx

Has anyone seen this film? All the prints were destroyed by WB, but I find that hard to believe. It was said to be pretty raunchy but by todays standards it would be tame. Starred Blondell and Powell. I am sure there is a print out there somewhere and maybe it will turn up.

Well, collectors and archivists from all over the world have been searching for this one for a long time with no luck. Still, you never know. Other lost films have been found some really odd places like under a swimming pool in Alaska (really) to right in the studios own vaults in mislabeled cans. We can only hope CONVENTION CITY turns up somewhere.

Just about all the info on the film and the search for it (including up-to-the-minute news of evidence that it was shown as late as 1942) is all rounded up here:

http://www.jazzage1920s.com/conventioncity/conventioncity.php

Lots of nice stills too!

Here's hoping that on next March 6 TCM will give us another full day of birthday boy Guy Kibbee's movies and by then CONVENTION CITY will be included!

Musician supreme Peter Mintun recreated what the opening titles for CONVENTION CITY might look like:

My own research has confirmed that the music played over the opening titles for CONVENTION CITY was actually the tune to the song "Lonely Lane" (introduced and sung by Dick Powell in the 1933 Warner Bros. movie COLLEGE COACH, released just before CONVENTION CITY).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings