Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cecil Kallaway in The Letter

kybabe3

I may have is name spelled wrong, but I believe you all know of whom I am speaking. In the opening credits in The Letter, starring Bette Davis, Mr. Kallaway's name is plainly listed. I have enjoyed The Letter many times and the only time I see Mr. Kallaway is in the very last scene after Leslie is released and the lawyer's wife is throughing a big celebration. Mr. Kallaway is in the crowd scene. I realize that he must have had more scenes and they were cut from the picture. Can anyone shed some light? I realize this is not earth shaking, but it bothers me when I find myself looking for Cecil and not finding him. Thanks/

Moviefan

That short glimpse of Cecil Kellaway is actually the only shot of him in the movie. I have read that his role (as a character named Prescott) was originally quite substantial, but ended up (except for that momentary glance of him) on the cutting room floor when the movie underwent editing to prepare for a final release print. In such a case, I understand that the customary practice is to remove an actor's name from the credits, but this was overlooked in Kellaway's case.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings