Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another search for a Japanese Si-Fi film. Please help

directcurrent

Hello. All you SI FI fans.

There was a movie made that I am searching for; I do not remember what the film was called, but I do remember it had many of the Japanese folk that played in the Godzilla movies.

The story line goes like this; A large meter/comet/ or planet was headed toward the earth, So it was decided to try to move the earth via some sort of hue rocket engines placed at the South Pole. They where able to direct the earth from desister but they had problems redirecting the earth back to it orginal rotation.

Does any one have any idea of what the name of this movie was called.

God Bless and Take care everyone. DC

• 5 weeks later...

Hay guys/gals, I looked at U-tube and no that was not it. This movie did not have any monster in it. That I was talking about. Although I thought that maybe one day a few of them on u-tube might be worth looking into. This one had to do with getting out of the way of a plantoid object.

Although you made me think of a Garmmera movie that seem to evade me also; Where something happen to garmmera and inorder to fix him two kids go inside garmmera and distory the problem inside him, all the while supposely Godzilla is comming and you only see a dark shaddo of him in the distance.

It probably is the film you're thinking of. The scenes of the walrus were cut out of the North American print because they were considered too phoney. The Gamera film is Gamera vs Giger ( War of the Monsters ) . The children have to go inside Gamera in order to destroy a miniature Giger that has been implanted inside him. I don't believe Godzilla had anything to do with it. Two different studios. There was an effort to have a Godzilla vs Gamera film made but it seems to have been dropped.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings