Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fatal (or Not!) Attraction

CarolAirey

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

I recently received my 2012 TCM Festival Pass with the romance logo, so thought we might have some fun with this theme.

*Describe the scene of attraction (fatal or otherwise) between the two parties (or perhaps just one pursuing the other), plus any associated movie trivia, so that others can identify the name of the movie and the names of the parties involved in the attraction.* *It doesn't have to be limited to romantic comedies as love does not always end happily ever after (though we want it to). Guys, I want your input on this thread as well!*

I'll lead off with a 1940s rom-com. While sitting on steps outside her apartment, the male lead is super smooth with the moves, trying to convince her that she is engaged to the wrong man. She is, in fact, engaged to a stuffy government man so you can't help but root for the handsome newcomer. After the kiss, she gets the picture!! The romance is aided and abetted by an older father figure, played by a very popular character actor at the time who won an award for best supporting actor in this role.

{font:Times New Roman} {font} Who are we?? Name of our movie??

Sounds like *SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS TO ME* (1962). Both Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood were incredibly beautiful in this film (Warren's 1st major film role) and both characters had dysfunctional parents. Yes??

I neglected to answer your earlier question, lavender. *THE MORE THE MERRIER* is NOT in the lineup for this year's Festival; it was the lovers' logo on my Spotlight Pass (not the list of films to be shown) that got me thinking about our theme in this thread.

One way to meet a pretty girl is board a train...always romantic? Not always as our handsome hero finds when he runs from the law into the arms of a beautiful blonde traveling alone? Maybe not. Received nominations for several categories won 1 for best editing. Film?

Archived