Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New thread: movies climb upwards

danjw

Tried a PM, but got no response. Would like a ruling from donjw:

A 1957-59 TV series (Western) was named "26 MEN". (That referred to the manpower of the Arizona Rangers at the time period portrayed.} That number would be useful to this Thread at this point.

Question for danjw: Is it acceptable to use TV titles in this game? A ruling from the Thread creator would be appreciated.

Thanks Flashback for asking the question about including TV productions. In keeping with the spirit of the thread I'd prefer to keep it to film releases only, no television. I know I played fast with the rules by mentioning "24", a movie not even made yet. I'll try to reign it back in (could not find a movie with 26 in the title). Also if anyone is stuck they can go to the closest ascending number- does not have to be the next one). I hope that is helpful. Okay here goes:

*27 DRESSES* (Starring Katharine Heigl, released in Jan. 2008, opened at #2 behind "Cloverfield").

*Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo* (1944)

Historical. Some five months after Pearl Harbor, the Us accomplished the feat of dropping a few bombs over the Japanese capital. Unimpressive military results, but a GREAT national morale booster.

*Adalen 31 (1969)*

This is a Swedish film based on a true story about a small town where the workers go on strike, and the conflict between the workers and the factory owners, and between the workers themselves. The military is brought in, leading to a confrontation between them and the demonstrators, leading to fatal injuries.

TO GILLIAN ON HER 37th BIRTHDAY (My friend Bruce Altman was in this one. He is currently in "Game Change" HBO movie about Sarah Palin and the 2008 election. I admit I'm shameless).

> {quote:title=flashback42 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}Hey, the number 41 got skipped!

> >

> > Would the 1979 movie "1941" have been an acceptable submission for no. 41?

> >

> Of course it would! In the vernacular, "My bad" on that one.

A caution on my last post. My position seemed reasonable to me, but one may decide that 1941 is not available for use until after 1940 was reached, and used or ruled out. danjw should probably rule on this.

Thanks guys. It is okay to skip a number if there is no film with that particular # in the title. My hope is to go as far as possible than begin all over again. So let's save 1941 for later and concentrate on the forties. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived