Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gary Cooper Drawing*

JulesGregory

I have a drawing of my beautiful Mother that was done in 1945 by Gary Cooper. She was set for a screen test earlier, it never came about because of her Father putting a stop to it at the last minute for fear of the casting couch for his young daughter. From what she told me in so many words that they, she and Cooper had an affair of some sort. She told me another story of a double date she and another woman went on with Peter Lawford and Gary Cooper, my Mother was Cooper's date. I am not sure that the affair lasted long, she married my Father the following year. Thwe drawing is classic of it's era, the likeness to my Mother then was incredible. Mom was as beautiful as Hedy Lamar. The drawing has condition issues, but the art work it's self is all in tact and is drawn in black charcoal. Gary Cooper signed in the right hand corner just under the drawing. It's value I am unsure of, although to the right collector it would be an important find. Gary Cooper came to Hollywood to be an artist and soon was discovered for his good looks and acting ablility.. If anyone can give me some direction with this art work, or hav any idea as far as giving me an apprasial I would appreciate that.

Thank You,

Jules Gregory*