Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favorite Movie Lines

Guest mongo

Guest mongo

What line spoken in a film either inspired you, dumbfounded you or had you laughing your butt off. A memorable line for me was from "Gone With the Wind" spoken by Scarlett O'Hara: "If I have to lie, cheat, steal or kill... as God is my witness I'll never be hungry again!".

Guest walker, ken

The lines in the finale of "DUEL IN THE SUN",uttered by Jennifer Jones and Gregory Peck were not meant to sound corny,nor the dialogue by Elvis Presley in his death scene in "LOVE ME TENDER",but forgive me for saying this,I though it bordered on camp.Just my opinion. A memorable line for me is from "Casablanca" is between Raines and Bogart in the finale "about the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

Guest cooper, jeane

I love this topic! Scarlett's utterance is a classic! I also adore Bette Davis in "All About Eve" when she squares off with the battle cry "Fasten your seat belts,its going to be a bumpy night." Spencer Tracy's assessment of Katherine Hepburn in "Pat and Mike - "there ain't much meat on her - but what there is is churz (choice)" . In "Cool Hand Luke" when Strother Martin oozes out with - "What we have here is failure to communicate."

Guest Alix

Mongo, you read my mind! Remember when we used to have this particular topic? It was very popular. I have so many lines you'll probably get tired of me posting them. Here goes just a few: From THE WOMEN: Crystal Allen: "There's a name for you women, but it's not used outside of kennels." From SOYLENT GREEN: "It's people!!" From RED HEADED WOMAN: Lil (to a salesgirl): Can you see through this dress? Salesgirl: I'm afraid you can, Miss. Lil: Well, I'll wear it. From GWTW: Scarlett: You sir, are no gentleman! Rhett: And you miss, are no lady! Mammy (when Scarlett tells her she's going to ask Ashley Wilkes for tax money for Tara): "Askin' ain't gettin'." From CADDYSHACK: Judge Smails' Grandson: "I want a hamburger. I want a cheeseburger. I want a coke. I want..." Judge Smails: "You'll get nothing and like it!" Carl Spackler: "License to kill gophers, by the government of the United Nations." Okay...I'll post more later. This is fun!!

Two lines from the immortal Groucho Marx in the immortal movie "Duck Soup" (1933) spring to mind: To Margaret Dumont: "Married... I can see us now, me coming home to find you bent over a hot stove. Only I can't see the stove." About Margaret Dumont: "Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she ever did!"

Guest mongo

You guy's are coming up with some terrific lines from those great classic movies. It's fun to read some of the more hilarious lines which reminds me of one from "All About Eve". In Margo's dressing room when Eve finishes her sad tale of woe, Birdie (Thelma Ritter) says "what a story... everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end".

Guest son, jery

From BEYOND THE FOREST, another Bette Davis classic: in one scene, she casually shoots a poor little porcupine. Why: "I hate porkies!" Later, she tells her gutless doctor/husband that "the only person who does anybody a favor in this town is the undertaker. He carries them out."

Guest cooper, jeane

"Never Give a Sucker an Even Break" W.C. Fields is in a restaurant that is seemingly out of everything he requests. Finally he settles for boiled eggs and mutters, "I don't know why I come in here - the flies get the best of everything." Later he remarks to the waitress "I didn't say anything about the steak. I merely observed that old horse usually tethered out front is missing."

Guest mongo

Also from "Gone with the Wind": Mammy and Scarlett are standing outside the jail where Rhett is locked up and out prances Belle Watling. Mammy says "Who dat?". "I never saw dat color hair on a woman in all my life". Dear sweet Hattie McDaniel

Guest Kastersin, Bonny

One of my favorite quotes from one of my all-time favorite movies is: "Here's looking at you kid." From Casablanca

Guest Goebel, Angela

Lauren Becall in "To Have and Have Not": "You remember how to whistle don't you? Just put your lips together, and blow."

Guest mongo

Theres a neat line in the film "Home From the Hill" that gets me everytime I see it. George Hamilton and Luana Patten are on a picnic and Hamilton says "Libby, I'm dying to kiss you" and she says "Don't die".

Guest son, jery

Bride of Frankenstein. Early scene. A man named Hans has fallen into a pit where the monster kills him. Unaware of his death, the man's wife puts her hand down into the pit and says: "Here, Hans, give me your hand, Hans!" I just wonder how many takes it took to get all those--"Hans...Hands..." down pat. I can hear Director James Whale laughing hysterically.

Guest Stephen

Some of my favorites. . . "You kids are disgusting! Standing around all day, reeking of popcorn and lollipops." - W. C. Fields, YOU CAN'T CHEAT AN HONEST MAN Mildred Dunnock telling Ed Begley where he can go in SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH "What symmetrical digits!" - W. C. Fields, MY LITTLE CHICKADEE "Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?" - various characters, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE "There's no sugar in a Claude Upson daiquiri!" - Willard Watterman, AUNTIE MAME "Ladies and gentlemen -- welcome to violence!" - narrator, FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! "Nice speech, Eve. But I wouldn't worry too much about your heart. You can always put that award where your heart ought to be." - Bette Davis, ALL ABOUT EVE "I cawn't TELL you how pleased I am to make your acquaintance!" - Joanna Barnes, AUNTIE MAME "We took some pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed." - Groucho Marx, ANIMAL CRACKERS "I love apricot juice . . it doesn't even need ice." - Patty McCormack, THE BAD SEED "Intelligence. Nothing has caused the human race so much trouble as intelligence." - Thelma Ritter, REAR WINDOW "That's it, out you two pixies go, through the door or out the window!" - Sheldon Leonard, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

Guest Bonny

Audrey Hepbrun & Gorege Parade in Breaktfast at Tiffany's Holly- " Do you think she's hansomely plain? Paul- " No." Holly- " Do you think she's deeply and imensely talented?" Paul- " Humm? Oh.. no deeply yes but, imensely no." Holly- " If I had her money I'd richer than she is." Paul- " How do you figure?" Holly- " I'd keep the candy store of course old Sally Tomato that's my candy store, and that's why I'd be richer than she is." Paul- " I think we better get a little more air."

Guest Bonny

Breakfast at Tiffany's paul-" holly i love you." holly-" so." paul-" so? so plenty." "holly i'm not gonna let you do this." holly-" i'm going and that's all there is to it." paul-" holly i love you you belong to me." holly-" no people don't belong to poeple they belong to no one like cat here we a couple of no name slobbs we belong to no one and no one belongs to us. don't you see i'm not holly or louloumae either i'm no body, i don't know who i' am." pual-" look ms. whoever you are you know what your problem is your chicken your to afriad to stick your chin out and say life's a fact people do fall in love poeple do belong to eachother for that's anybody has for trut happynees you call yourself a free sprit a wild thing and your afraid if someone loves you they'll stick you in a cage well baby your already in that cage you bulit it yourself and it don't matter if you go from buckingham places to timbucktwo cuase you just keep running into your self. ????????????------------------- Please for give me if I had some incorrections about the qoute(s) i'm a little rusty but oh well no ones perfect. execpt for Miss Audrey Hepbrun!

Guest Kastersin, Bonny

If I could find a real place that's likt Tiffany's ... Well I guess I'd , .. buy some furichture and give the cat a name. Holly Gollightly -Breakfast at Tiffany's

Archived