Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favorite Movie Lines

Guest mongo

Corporal Paris: See that cockroach? Tomorrow morning, we'll be dead and it'll be alive. It'll have more contact with my wife and child than I will. I'll be nothing, and it'll be alive.

[Ferol smashes the roach]

Private Ferol: Now you got the edge on him.

Paths Of Glory

I don't know if it's my favorite movie line, but one that has been a part of my life is the great line from THE WIZARD OF OZ: "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." I saw that it ranked 4th on AFI's list of movie quotes. It's significant for me, as I live on the Missouri/Kansas border (on the Missouri side). So I go over on the Kansas side at least once or twice a week to see movies, shop, etc., and in the past, if I had a dollar for every time a friend or relative has used that line as we were crossing back into Missouri, well, I'd had a sizable bankroll........

• 6 months later...

Casablanca:

Raines: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Bogart: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Raines: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Bogart: I was misinformed.

Sunset Blvd:

Swanson: My astrologist has read my horoscope, he's read DeMille's horoscope.

Holden: Has he read the script?

Just a few of my favorite movie quotes:

From "To Have and Have Not":

Lauren Bacall: You don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything and you don't have to do anything. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow.

From "Casablanca":

Claude Rains: Round up the usual suspects!

From "Arsenic and Old Lace":

Cary Grant: Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.

The Night of the Hunter ...

Mitchum: "Ah, little lad, you're staring at my fingers. Would you like me to tell you the little story of right-hand/left-hand? The story of good and evil? H-A-T-E! It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E! You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand, friends, the hand of love. Now watch, and I'll show you the story of life. Those fingers, dear hearts, is always a-warring and a-tugging, one agin t'other. Now watch 'em! Old brother left hand, left hand he's a fighting, and it looks like love's a goner. But wait a minute! Hot dog, love's a winning! Yessirree! It's love that's won, and old left hand hate is down for the count!"

My favorite western of all time... Once Upon a Time in The West... some of the best lines!!

Harmonica (Charles Bronson): The reward for this man is 5000 dollars, is that right?

Cheyenne (Jason Robards): Judas was content for 4970 dollars less.

Harmonica: There were no dollars in them days.

Cheyenne: But sons of bitches... yeah.

_____

Frank (Henry Fonda): How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants.

_____

Morton: Not bad. Congratulations. Tell me, was it necessary that you kill all of them? I only told you to scare them.

Frank: People scare better when they're dying.

~~FatCat

Two from "My Favorite Year" -

Peter O'Toole: "I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!"

A man enters the ladies bathroom:

Actress: "This is for ladies!"

Actor (unzipping his pants): "So is this, ma'am, but once in a while I have to

run some water through it."

I don't know if this counts or not, but this phrase from a tune in Crosby and Hope's Road to Morocco stuck with me. It's just smartly funny.

"...like Webster's dictionary we're Morocco Bound."

Also two lines by Robert Ryan from the movie Clash by Night.

As he is giving the brush-off to another character: "So long....Dust."

This line is spoken as his misogynist character is developed; I have no idea what it meant...that's why this one stuck with me :

"{women}..I throw them up on the ceiling and which ever one sticks...that's the one for me."

(my 2 cents)

Susanb