• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mongo

Your Favorite Movie Lines

T.Paul?s faves...

SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS

?The next time you want information, don't scratch for it like a dog, ask for it like a man!?

?Mr. Hunsecker, you've got more twists than a barrel of pretzels!?

?I'd hate to take a bite out of you, you're a cookie full of arsenic.?

?What am I, a bowl of fruit? A tangerine that peels in a minute??

?Maybe I left my sense of humor in my other suit.?

FIGHT CLUB

?You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not you **** khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.?

?We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.?

DEAD MAN

?'Course you can't put much stock in a man who spends the most part of a conversation talkin' to a bear... talkin'to a **** bear.?

?Stupid **** white man??

DOWN BY LAW

?It is a sad and beautiful world.?

TAXI DRIVER

?The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men cannot put it back together again.?

?All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk ****, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.?

?Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the ****. Here is a man who stood up?

THE USUAL SUSPECTS

?A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself.?

?A rumor's not a rumor that doesn't die.?

?The greatest trick the devil pulled off was convincing the world he didn't exist?

?How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss??

THE BIG LEBOWSKI

?NOBODY **** wih? the Jesus!?

PULP FICTION

?If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast. I talk fast. And, I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please with sugar on top, clean the **** car.?

?This watch was on you daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they'd confiscate it--take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slope's gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So, he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ****. Five long years he wore this watch . . . up his ****. Then, he died of dysentery, he give me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my **** two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.?

~T.Paul

Well, folks, I guess the rules of the game have just changed. You can now just post anything you want on these boards. No holds barred.

February 22, 2006 - the day TCM just threw in the towel. Anything goes!!

If those quotes are really your "faves," lucky, it's a shame. Not an uplifting or positive one in the bunch. Is life really that bad???

I sure won't have to worry about offending anyone anymore, will I?

I was surprised when I read lucky's post too. The system we had in place before the last "upgrade" didn't allow profanity (it was automatically masked into asterisks) to be posted, nor did it allow the annoying html tags that have popped up recently.

I agree with Ralph.

I understand we have the freedom of speech, but what happen to censorship. Of course, we should use our OWN censorship, when writing our posts. If, we're all adults, we should act like it.

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

"Geology is the study of pressure and time. Thats all it takes really... pressure... and time... That, and big **** poster."

Rope:

Constance Collier: Do you know when I was a girl I used to read quite a bit.

John Dall: We all do strange things in our childhood.

Path, I too was shocked at the language that was permitted to get through, here in this thread.

I thought something was amiss when I posted the birthday of Julie Walters today and a word from her movie "Prick Up Your Ears" wasn't censored as it was last year (although it is not derogatory to the title).

If you ask me, TCM had better get on the ball, and fix this quickly since we have some very young members around here.

That's why I chose not to post the Farley Granger line from Rope:

"I never strangled a chicken in my life!"

Path40 - we finally agree on something! Those %$^$!!! html tags are an abomination. And that feather . . .

I think Marlon Brando had the most favorite movie lines:

His "contender" line in the taxi cab was a classic in On the Waterfront

His "Stella" and "napoleonic code" and "clearing the table" lines in "Streetcar Named Desire" were terrific.

Of course his line in "The Godfather" - "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" was a classic too.

Nobody can compare to Brando...he was something else....certainly a "unique" individual to say the least.

While they haven't really inspired me, my favorite lines are:

All About Eve - Bette Davis's "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Sunset Boulevard - Gloria Swanson's "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup."

Arsenic and Old Lace: Priscilla Lane (Elaine) says "But Mortimer, Niagra Falls."

Cary Grant (Mortimer) replies, "It does? Well, let it."

Well, that's all folks!

Not a movie, but a line about a movie from BBC's Father Ted:

Father Dougal: Did you ever see that film, Ted, where your man has his head transplanted onto a fly, and the fly's head was transplanted onto the man?

Father Ted: Oh, yes... what was it called...?

Father Dougal: "Out Of Africa", I think.

I think my all time favourite line might be from the film Pygmalion, "Where the devil are my slippers, Eliza?" It's not only one of my favourite lines, but also my favourite ending shot in a film! I'll just post the rest of my favourites that I can think of, below:)

Carousel

"Longin' to tell you, but afraid and shy. I let my golden chances pass me by."

"I loved you Julie, know that I loved you."

The Petrified Forest

"Oh, I'm eternally right, but what good does it do me?"

"Any woman's worth everything that any man has to give: anguish, ecstasy, faith, jealousy, love, hatred, life or death. Don't you see that's the whole excuse for our existence? It's what makes the whole thing possible and tolerable."

"This is the end for which we twain are met."

Romeo and Juliet

"Parting is such sweet sarrow, that I shall say good night, till it be morrow."

The Gay Divorcee

Mimi: I don't care what you did as a boy.

Guy: Well I did nothing as a girl so there goes my childhood!

Mimi: Please don't ask me to stay.

Guy: All right I wont. Don't go!

"Chance is a fools name for fate!"

"Can I offer you anything? Frosted chocolate? Cointreau? Benedictine? Marriage?"

"Pining? Men don't pine. Girls pine. Men just... suffer."

"You're wife is save with Tonetti, He prefers spaghetti "

Okay, I'll be gone for now, I don't think I'll ever be able to get away from this thread though!:)

~Emily aka Eliza

Message was edited by:

eliza_doolittle

"Longin' to tell you, but afraid and shy. I let my golden chances pass me by."

The best version of that song is done by Sinatra and Shirley Jones, on his old TV show. You can see it on the Sinatra Classic Duets DVD or hear it on the companion CD.

Oh wow! Thanks for that little information, I'll have to get that DVD and CD sometime!:)

~Emily aka Eliza

"Listen Septen I don't like you and I never will Like You'" to which Septen replies"You know alot of people say that and the next thing you know they're getting married. Stalag 17

I'm sure these have all been mentioned before, but here goes my list.

"Oh, that's alright. I just wanted to see if you still had faces."- Mr Smith Goes To Washington

"Be kind to Captain Butler. He loves you so."- Melanie from Gone With The Wind

"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contendah. I could been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Chah-lie."- Terry Malloy from On The Waterfront

Leon: "A Russian! I love Russians! Comrade, I've been fascinated by your five-year plan for the last fifteen years." - Ninotchka

When Audrey Hepburn says to Cary Grant in Charade

"Do you know whats wrong with you?....nothing".

She is so right. I love Cary Grant!!

> The Gay Divorcee

> "Can I offer you anything? Frosted chocolate?

> Cointreau? Benedictine? Marriage?"

I love that line. What is cointreau?

"You musn't ride alone at night."

"I'll bet you say that to all the men you marry."

My favorite version of the song "If I Loved You" is the one done by Chad and Jeremy, but I guess that's just my sixties roots showing, Emily aka Eliza.

One of my favorites is in "Love Story".

"You know you're going to fail if you don't study."

"I am studying."

"No you're not,you're staring at my legs."

"You know,you're not that attractive."

"I know that,but I can't help it if you think I am."

I'm not sure if all the lines are completely correct,but it's still funny.

"I love that line. What is cointreau?"

I'm not quite sure what cointreau is but, I'll look it up and let you know:)

"You musn't ride alone at night."

"I'll bet you say that to all the men you marry."

Those two together were so wonderful!