Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favorite Movie Lines

Guest mongo

"The hand of God reaching down into the mire could not elevate you to the depths of degredation"

I think that line is from 'Nothing Sacred'.

It's a great line and I often use it myself with my employees to put then in their place.

Try it, it works.

Regards

From Monty Python's Holy Grail. "Bring out your dead, Bring out your dead" "Wait a minute I am not dead yet!" Bop! "Yes you are" As a lover of Python It is one of the best lines they ever wrote. Of course I do have a Python's sense of humor.

I been watching them ever since they were on PBC.

Plastics is always a fun one, just because people who have never seen The Graduate also wonder what in the world you are talking about.

Also Cary Grant's "You remind me of a man. What man? A man with a power. What power? The power of who do. Who do? You do." My sister and I like to recite that with each other.

Jimmy Stewart in Harvey-"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood -- "In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me."

And as just a funny thing...in one of the new Star Wars films, I believe it is number 2, Obi Wan asks Annikan to send a message to Yoda for him, care of the old folks home, and yes is really is old folks home, my friends and I put on the sub titles.

• 4 weeks later...

From The Thin Man (1934):

Marion (Gertrude Short): "I don't like crooks. And if I did like 'em, I wouldn't like crooks that are stool pigeons. And if I did like crooks that are stool pigeons, I still wouldn't like you."

I saw my first Powell and Loy on TCM a few weeks ago, and I'm hooked.

From Monty Python's Holy Grail. "Bring out your dead, Bring out your dead" "Wait a minute I am not dead yet!" Bop! "Yes you are" As a lover of Python It is one of the best lines they ever wrote. Of course I do have a Python's sense of humor.

I been watching them ever since they were on PBC.

"Run away! Run away!" We use that one all the time around out house.

• 1 month later...

From "The Producers" (1968) --- I forget exactly what it is that Dick Shawn is doing, but I believe he's sucking his thumb and holding a banana to his ear like a telephone, when we hear Zero Mostel holler from offscreen:

"That's our Hitler!!!!!"

I love it when, in Twentieth Century, Carole Lombard as Lily Garland is trying to explain her relationship with John Barrymore. He keeps an eye on everything she does and never lets her go anywhere: "Simply because he doesn't want me to mingle with what he calls riff-raff, and that?s everybody in the world except us two!"

--Joan Crawford's line as Crystal Allen in The Women: There is a name for you, ladies, but it isn't used in high society... outside of a kennel.

--Bette Davis in All About Eve: Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!

--Vivien Leigh in Gone With the Wind: Tara! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day

Oh, yeah! I forgot about The Women. I loved it when Butterfly McQueen asks Crawford, "Will I find anything in that ice box of yours?" And, before Joan can answer, Virginia Grey says, "Yeah! Cobwebs and a bottle of Gin!"

The other one I think was way ahead of its time was Cary Grant in Hepburn's flimsy feather covered robe in Bringing Up Baby. May Robson asks him, "Why are you wearing those clothes?" He answers, "Because I just went GAY all of a sudden!"