Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favorite Movie Lines

Guest mongo

Guest son, jery

Movie: "The Mummy" 1932. Actor: Bramwell Fletcher. Scene: he sees the Mummy moving. His line: "AEEEIIIIIIIIIIIeeeehahahahahah!"

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here are some more favorites: Pride & Predijuce (1941) Mr. Darcy (to Elizabeth)on the end of their slight romance: "That chapter is definitely closed." King Kong (1932?) "It was beauty killed the beast." Dinner at Eight (1932) The maid before the big dinner party is looking at a hideous, jiggling tomato aspic shaped like a lion with the US and Brittish flags stuck between it's toes: "Look at you, quivering with pride, because you're about to be et by Lord and Lady Ferncliffe." Red Dust (1932) Vantine to Dennis Carson: "Gorgonzola! My favorite tango!" also from Red Dust: Dennis: "We belong together, you and I. This is a dirty rotten country." Vantine: "And we're dirty rotten people!"

Guest son, jery

This isn't from a movie. It's from a real star. The encounter: hack author, Elinor Glynn and bubbly, adorable man-about-town, Billy Haines. Elinor announced in l928 while visiting HOllywood that she found only three creatures who had IT: one was the wonder horse, Rex, owned by gorgeous cowboy, Tom Mix. The second person to have IT was the doorman at Gruaman's Chinese Theater. The third one was Clara Bow. When Billy Haines playfully asked Glynn if he had IT, she turned up her nose and said no. Billy then said: "Madame, you have IT but you spell it with SH in front of it." More than one amused star agreed with his assessment because if anyone definitely had that sparkling, charming quality of IT, it was Billy Haines!

Excuse me, Elinor Glynn only found three creatures with it?? And one was Tom Mix's horse? What's up with that????? I agree, Clara Bow definitely had IT, but so did others in 1928: Gary Cooper, Louise Brooks, John Gilbert, Ramon Novarro, William Haines, Marion Davies...

Guest oshoko

I remember a line in "Dr. Strangelove" where Peter Sellers as president Muffley said a line that went something like: "Gentlemen, you do not fight here! This is the war room!" I was cracking up.

Guest Reggatta

What, no Mae West? Well, here's a starter kit: woman: "Goodness! What beautiful diamonds." Mae: "Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie." (_Night after Night_) "When women go wrong, men go right after them." (_She Done Him Wrong_) Mae: "I had to shoot a lion once." Woman: "Really? Was he mad?" Mae: "Well,he wasn't exactly pleased about it." (_I'm No Angel_) Mae: "We're intellectual opposites." Man: "What do you mean?" Mae: "I'm intellectual and you're opposite." (_Goin' to Town_)

Guest Dan, Coffee

I remember a line from the Marx Brothers movie MONKEY BUSINESS that, in a way, was weirdly prophetic. In one scene, Groucho Marx says to Thelma Todd, "I know, I know, you're a gal who's gotten nothing but dirty breaks. Well, we can clean and tighten your brakes, but you'll have to stay in the garage all night." Four years later, Todd was found dead in her garage, slumped behind the wheel of her car, her head horribly bashed in by an unknown assailant. Eerie!

Guest mongo

Your observation is certainly on the mark Coffee Dan. It's a shame though that this lovely actress went from comedy to tragedy in such a short time since she had so much to live for. And most painful is the fact that the senseless crime was never solved.

Guest son, jery

I always thought Thelma Todd was a phenomenal talent. She was among the best commedienes around. Her huge eyes were perfect for showing fear, terror, etc. in serious roles. The Marx Brothers and crew adored her. She was game for anything. New evidence about her death has surfaced recently. One researcher discovered that on the day she was supposedly dead in her garage, at least five eyewitnesses swear they saw her driving around in her famous car. Does anybody remember who protrayed her in the TV movie made about her?

Guest mongo

Loni Anderson? Ugh! Sharon Stone would have been the perfect choice to portray the lovely Miss Todd. By the way Miss Stone is itching to get back to work and I hope she takes on the Lana Turner role pronto.

Yeah! Can you believe that? Talk about odd casting! I did check it out on the imdb before posting, in case my memory was faulty. Yes, I think Stone would have been a better choice. Thelma Todd used to get a certain look in her eyes...a sexy come-on type look that does remind me of Sharon Stone.

Guest eva, little

Didn't Loni Anderson also portray the bigger-than-life Jayne Mansfield in another TV series? I remember Ah-nuld Schwartzenegger portraying her hunky husband, Mickey Hargitay, who I always thought was the sexier of the two. One wonders why the juicy life stories of Thelma Todd and Jayne Mansfield were given to Loni Anderson of all people?

Guest Blondie

A few lines that are memorable to me are "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn." That has got to be the classic. "Here's looking at you kid." The one that had me laughing my butt off was in The Philadelphia Story Katherine Hepburn says to Cary Grant "You haven't switched from liquor to dope by any chance have you?" Another one that I found pretty amusing was in Waterloo Bridge, Vivien neigh asks Virgin Fairwheath, "Kitty do you think?" and she replies "Ocassinally yes."

These gems come from MY MAN GODFEY: Mr. Bullock: All you need to start an asylum is a room and the right the right kind of people. Godfrey: May I be frank? Molly, the Maid: Is that your name? Man at party: Look at that dizzy old gal with the goat! Mr. Bullock: I've had to for twenty years--that's MRS. Bullock! Man: Oh, I'm terribly sorry! Mr. Bullock: How do you think I feel?

Guest Dentata, Gina

I just watched Night of the Hunter, and the picnic scene has some real corkers: "I feel clean now. My whole body's just a-quiverin' with cleanness." "I just lie there, thinkin' about my canning...."

Guest Kastersin, Bonny

One of the funniest lines from Sabrina 1954. Lunis and David's father>> << " This centruy, I could pick a centruy blindfolded out of a hat and still get a better one."

Guest Chandler, Lorraine

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing If we didn`t believe in the unbelievable, what would happen to faith. There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness. People don`t think of the meaning of words-they only feel them. I`m like a seed clutching at life-I can feel and smell the sun. Jennifer Jones as Han Suyin We have not missed-you and I.We have not missed the many- splendored thing. Life`s greatest tragedy is not to be loved.God has been good to us. I often think that healing is man`s salvation and I envy your ability to help. William Holden as Mark Elliot

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Watroba, Katlyn

Gotta be "Casablanca" the last line, or "Rosebud" from Citizen Kane. I like that one about pixies from "It's a Wonderful Life" too.