Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favorite Movie Lines

Guest mongo

I'm happy to report I've introduced "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory" to my kids (ages 3 and 19 mo) and they loved the visuals!

My favorite line from this film is delivered by Gene Wilder as Wonka, who is watching poor Augustus Gloop stuck in the pipe. As pressure builds around Gloop, Wonka has a delicious look of glee on his face as he says:

"The suspense is terrible... I hope it lasts!"

• 4 weeks later...

"I told you no little buzzard like you would ever put the cuffs on me", "Mother of mercy is this the end of Ricco". Edward G. Robinson in Little Caesar. Any piece of dialouge from The Sweet Smell of Success. "Your a cookie full of arsenic, I'd hate to take a bite out of you".

I've always liked this exchange between Bert Wheeler and Robert Woolsey in their 1931 film CAUGHT PLASTERED:

Bob: We've got the best act in vaudeville . . . but in that last town it went over their heads like a hairnet.

Bert: The manager came backstage and said he didn't allow profanity in his theatre.

Bob: We weren't using any profanity!

Bert: No, but the audience was!

• 2 weeks later...

From "Out of Africa":

"I have learned a thing that you haven't. There ARE some things worth having and I want to be one of them."

From "On a Clear Day You can See Forever"

"Oh God. Why didn't you make woman first while you were still fresh?"

• 4 weeks later...

I accidentally posted this same message in a different board, but realizedit actually belongs here: After recently viewing The Smiling Lieutenant, I've decided my favorite line (conversation) comes when Maurice Chevalier asks Claudette Colbert to stay for breakfast, she says no, they'll start out with lunch, then dinner, then maybe breakfast. He says, "Don't make me wait so long. I'm sooo hungreee" as he looks at her devouringly. HA! I love it.

my favorite quote's are,

"no matter what I ever do or say, Heath Cliff this is me now, standing on this hill with you this is me forever"

and

"Kathy, Kathy I cannot live without my life, and I cannot die without my soul"

Bits of dialogue from "Sweet Smell of Success" - great stuff. How about when JJ is standing in the street with Sydney and watching a drunk get thrown out of the bar next door. "I love this filthy town." Or when JJ says in the phone again to Sydney, "You're dead son, now go get yourself buried." Great stuff.

Coupla more from "Dr Strangelove". General Jack D. Ripper: "Flurodation is a communist plot to sap and impurify our precious boldily fluids." and Colonel "Bat" Guano to Capt. Lionel Mandrake: "I know what you are...you're a PREVERT! And I think that you're leading a conspiracy of preverts[sic], and that general Ripper found out about you"

my favorite movie line is the following:"You never really

understand a person until you consider things from his

point of view...until you climb inside of his skin and

walk around in it." Can you guess what film and the actor who said these lines? A little hint its a terrific

movie that will be around for generations to come!

happy searching...!

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love Gone With The Wind!! My very favorite line from that movie is "I can shoot straight, if I dont have to shoot too far"-Scarlett. Another favorite from How to Marry a Millionare is "I would like to marry a Rockafeller"-Marilyn Monroe, and then Betty Grable asks "Which one" and Marilyn says "Oh I dont care!" LOL. I also like in The Awful Truth where Irene Dunne says " I wouldnt live with you even if you were dipped in plantinum" And in Desk Set when Kate says "My hair is naturally natural!". Bringing up Baby's " I cant give you anything but love baby!!" And I love it when Kate says "Oh My sainted Aunt!" in The Philadelphia Story. LOL Sorry so long.. ;)

~Ash

Isn't that from To Kill A Mockingbird?

>my favorite movie line is the following:"You never really

>understand a person until you consider things from his

>point of view...until you climb inside of his skin and

>walk around in it." Can you guess what film and the >actor who said these lines? A little hint its a terrific

>movie that will be around for generations to come!

>happy searching...!

The best line has got to be from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Its "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?" said by Robert Redford But then the whole movie is AWESOME and full of great witty dialogue between Newman and Redford.

"Whenever I look at you i suddenly have a fierce desire to be lonesome." Thats a paraphrase from the 1946 film Humouresque spoken by Oscar Levant.I don't remember the line exactly word for word-I do remember laughing and hoping to use it on the next bad date.

Here's a funny one I heard this afternoon. It's from "The Man With Two Faces" (1934)starring Edward G. Robinson and Mary Astor. One of the actresses is explaining that her lover doesn't care about her anymore. When asked why she puts up with him, she replies "It wouldn't be any fun walking out on him. He wouldn't even notice that I wasn't around anymore."

• 2 weeks later...

"Shall We?" Tom Hanks to Meg Ryan on top of the Empire State Building at the end of, Sleepless in Seattle. The look on his face is magical and the highlight of the wonderful 2 box of tissues film. I see in his face that somehow he wants this beautiful woman, to come with him and his son. How will he get her to come with them. Suddenly its all so simple "Shall We?" I'm crying again!

"Shall We?" Tom Hanks to Meg Ryan on top of the Empire State Building at the end of, Sleepless in Seattle. The look on his face is magical and the highlight of the wonderful 2 box of tissues film. I see in his face that somehow he wants this beautiful woman, to come with him and his son. How will he get her to come with them. Suddenly its all so simple "Shall We?" Im crying again!