Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any GAY-friendly FESTIVAL GOERS want to SOCIALLY Meet for Coffee or Drink??

I am a Gay professional who has attended all TCM festivals to date and last year tried to get people to meet at the nearby Lucky Strike Bar in the Hollywood Highland complex for drinks just prior to last year's welcome party (FYI it is NOT a Gay bar, but was near the fest and had an early happy hour). Had gotten a lot of interest, but unfortunately everyone eventually bailed because they were so caught up with preparations for the festival.

I am a local L.A. native who has a diverse entertainment industry background and who years ago even worked side-by-side with Robert Osborne for a year at a daily entertainment newspaper when he was a writer and I was an advertising coordinator.

I have a huge semi-professional interest in historic theatres--including movie palaces, burlesque houses, opera houses and similar venues and have toured extensively through a number of theatres across the country. I am also the Southern California rep for the non-profit League Of Historic American Theatres (based in Baltimore, MD) and locally a long time member of the L.A. Conservancy. For many years I also headed my own former non-profit that produced occasional classic movie events at the historic Orpheum Theatre in downtown L.A. including the popular annual Spook-a-thon Halloween Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival (which fortunately has since been saved & restored and is now a legitimate live theatre/concert/event venue).

Currently I also head a local L.A. free Gay mens winetasting & foodie group that hosts regular outings around town that can easily be found online via Meetup. This wine group even occasionally integrates local classic film events into its roster of varied social activities.

As part of my current marketing/gaming industry career, I frequently travel to the deep South--particularly to the cities of Birmingham, Alabama and Jackson, Mississippi (by the way, I strongly recommend if you are ever in Bham that you check out its restored Alabama Theatre).

I am attending the festival "stag" again for the third year in a row because most of my friends either felt attending the fest was too expensive OR could not get the time off from work.

In any case, I know a lot about Hollywood history, local restaurants, tourist trivia and things like that. If anyone would like to SOCIALLY meet ANYTIME during festival hours, please TEXT ME DIRECTLY at (8 1 8) 7 2 3 - 3 6 4 9. My name is JONO.

Note to the Message Board monitors--this announcement is intended for PLATONIC/SOCIAL purposes only so please do not delete it--my intentions are honorable, but it would be nice to meet some Gay-friendly festival goers for conversation, coffee and camaraderie--THANK YOU!!!

Edited by: jon90027 on Apr 12, 2012 2:43 PM

Edited by: jon90027 on Apr 12, 2012 2:44 PM

Edited by: jon90027 on Apr 12, 2012 2:52 PM