Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For Out-of-Towners at TCM Fest who are silent film fans

I know this isn't a "TCM Festival" screening but just thought it wouldn't hurt to let you movie fans know anyways.

On monday at 7PM at the Mary Pickford Institute HQ(Venice Blvd. & National) Culver City, they are going to screen rare Mary Pickford biograph shorts from 1909/1910 and an early IMP short(Carl Laemmle before Universal). They are going to be in High Definition screening and Robert Israel will be performing live.

While the even doesn't have an admission fee, because the Mary Pickford Institute just lost funding last week and are currently broke, they are asking for donations to help support the institute.

I don't work for anybody, I'm just a classic film fan like everyone else and unfortunately I won't be able to attend this rare screening myself so I'm urging anybody who is a fan of screenings to stop by and check this out. It's really a neat opportunity especially if you're from out of town to experience a more intimate screening that Angelenos like myself get to experience often.

Thankyou for reading and yes I attended the TCM Fest today and got to see Wings(1927) for the first time. It was wonderful.