Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would this work?

FloydDBarber

Since we pay so much for cable can we ask the cable companies to loan us cash?

We must be helping to pay their salaries and allowing the CEO to live high in the lap of luxury.

Why not write down whatever hours your service is down due to outages and whatever hours you are just not watching. We are paying for 24/7 service but do we watch tv 24/7? Why not send the cable company a bill saying "please reimburse me for the 120 hours that the tv was not used last month" and when they stop laughing you may receive a response. Maybe if they were inundated with these requests they might give us a price break and reinstate TCM to those who have lost it.

I don't think they would lend us money, but I like that "pay for when you watch" idea. I have in the past tracked the "downtime" and figured out a way to break up my monthly charge into days/hour/minutes and sent my payment in minus the downtime. Including a note as to why there's less on my check than for what I was billed.

There HAS to be the technology available to be able to somehow "sign in" when you watch, and "sign off" when you stop. Like in these forums. I would fear that in this event, the rates would go through the roof.

Sepiatone

There's no doubt about it. The cable comapnies have got us right where they want us. Charter is the only provider that is available in my area and it was down constantly. I remember coming home from work one night, looking forward to a Joan Bennett marathon, only to have the cable go out on me. Well, that was the last straw. I called them and asked them, in a not too friendly voice, what the hell I was paying for? Cable hasn't been down since. But they have gone up five bucks. TCM is the ONLY reason I have cable. But, I am close to cancelling. It's just too much money.

I'm happy to report that in my case, my cable hasn't gone down. Yet (knock wood). But I've dealt too much with it in the past.

I'm also kind of disgusted with this "digital" signal crap. We've all been told how much the picture quality is improved, but I really don't notice. What I DO notice is when the digital signal goes wonky, you ain't watching ANYTHING. Never happened with analog. OR the old antenna. I actually PREFER the occasional "snow" to the stop action pixelation. At least with the snow, I didn't lose huge gaps of the program.

Sepiatone

HAH! I love it, Floyd.

You try, and then I'll go next.

The CEO of Cablevision owns the Knicks - and they charge for On Demand.

FIOS is Verizon and they're richer than Croesus and the poor babies just had to raise their bill again to 'cover their costs', poor babies.

If I ever tracked how much surfing I do and how much actual watching I do, I'm sure I'd be even more angry about cable than I am now, and that's pretty angry. Fortunately, I enjoy being angry, and 2012 America gives me plenty to be angry about, so it all works out.