Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Film Festival Updates?

gagman66

Thus far I haven't heard a word about the screenings of OUR DANCING DAUGHTERS, or WINGS either for that matter. Folks were asking on another board if OUR DANCING DAUGHTERS was a new print, and improved over the old transfer that TCM occasionally runs? The one with the hair stuck in the telecine when the transfer was made. Can't get any information and it's frustrating.

Several people at the festival interviewed on TCM during the various segments between movies have mentioned Silent films, mainly Harold Lloyd and GIRL SHY. There has been one reference to THE THIEF OF BAGDAD. I'm disappointed that no one has said a thing about WINGS, and though it's not a Silent CALL HER SAVAGE as well. There have been people that have mentioned the 3-D Rarities. Even A TRIP TO THE MOON has been brought up a few times. No mention of the Baby Peggy Documentary.

I know THE THIEF OF BAGDAD was an all new never before seen transfer. And of course the gorgeous restoration of WINGS that was released on DVD and Blu-ray in late January. I hwas hoping TCM might interview memebers of The Mont Alto Orchestra, Robert Israel, Jeffrey Vance, Bill Wellman Jr, Leonard Maltin Diana Sera Cary or somebody.

gagman66 -

You can find a rundown/review of virtually every presentation at the 2012 Classic FIlm Festival at the "Live Blog" section of the Film Festival website.

http://www.tcm.com/festival/about/live-blog.html

All the silents presented at the Festival are covered, including the rare Universal title *Lonesome*.

It sounds as if *Our Dancing Daughters* was in "rough shape" - but the screening did have Anita Page's own daughter there to speak about the film and her mother who considered "Daughters" her favorite film.

2012_PaulaCherylAfterParty

Linda Snyder-Sterne, center, daughter of Anita Page