Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SEM security...anyone else have a problem?

At some screenings there was additional security from SEM (wearing dark suits) handling the line and door. In contrast to the TCM people (wearing the blue shirts), I found these guys to be unfriendly...bordering on confrontational. I saw one very aggressive guy make a young man throw out a brownie he was eating before letting him inside. Did anyone else think they were out of line? Also, do you know if there was an official policy on bringing in food or drinks? At most screenings, I saw numerous people bring in both. I put my water bottle in my purse just to be sure, but would like clarification for next year.

Thanks!

I never had any problems entering venues with food or drink. I had one incident with one who wouldn't let me use a restroom I was 5 feet from, but I think it is impossible to manage an event of this size without somebody somewhere not getting to do something they want to do.

All in all, TCM is clearly learning and growing with this fabulous event.

David in Seattle

I had no problem with them and found them to be courteous and helpful when my husband and I needed assistance trying to get to the line for *Snow White* when the forecourt at Grauman's was closed. We had been told various different things by various non-SEM people thatt resulted in running in circles for a few moments.

When we approached the SEM guys upstairs in the multiplex where we had been told to go by one of the blue-shirted volunteers, they couldn't have been nicer and were quick to find a TCM staffer (Nick Brokaw) who was able to get us to where we were supposed to be with professionalism and aplomb.

>I saw one very aggressive guy make a young man throw out a brownie he was eating before letting him inside.... I put my water bottle in my purse just to be sure, but would like clarification for next year.

It's a changing America. Next year, be prepared to remove your shoes and submit to an x-ray and strip search. There will be NO brownies in the theater. :)