• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Born in the wrong time (?)

misswonderly3

h3. England

h4. Dozmary pool, the mythic resting spot of Excalibur

20ucysk.jpg

h4. The Eagle Pub in Cambridge. The very real Air Force Room, where members of the RAF, USAAC, and later USAF have marked the ceiling with their unit number before they left their bases for the last time.

11tuzxl.jpg

My son marked it in 2006.

You can walk in their footsteps and retrace their experience, I have even uncovered an early rapeseed field strip on my trip in 1996, not far from the oldest wooden Church in England.

http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/mighty_eighth.html

Regarding: Thomasville, Ga.

Jake in the Heartland

So that’s what our answer to “Gretna Green” looks like.

Until the 70s the age of consent for both sexes in Florida was 21. Eloping teenagers would run up to Kingsland, Folkston, and Thomasville where the age was much lower to get married. FSU people tell me Thomasville was the favorite there.

6112785981_79532bfc5e_z.jpg

Chief Osceola, FSU FOOTBALL, Tallahassee, Fla.

Star, I lived in Tallahassee at the time Bobby Bowden was building the FSU football program and remember being at my favorite bar hitting on an FSU co-ed who was at least twenty years young.

The Seminoles beat Nebraska ranked number 1 at Nebraska and put their name on the map. The town went crazy.

Jake in the Heartland

Jake: You are talking to a Gator!

{font:Times New Roman}But the pictures are still nice and Bobby Bowden was a great ambassador for the school. He is now the winningest coach in NCAA history and deservedly so even if by default. Glad you had such a good time in Florida. {font}

Star,

Bobby Bowden took a sleepy once all women school to NCAA greatness with his recruiting and coaching skills and did so with no major scandals. The other guy came up very short and disappointed me and many others.

No default. Thank God there are still consequences for bad decisions and actions.

By the way, I'm an SEC man whose favorite is The Alabama Crimson Tide and got hooked on 'em when I was a little fella and Kenny Stabler sneaked, ducked and weaved his way through Auburn defenders on a muddy field to win with less than 2 minutes to go. Heard it all on AM radio in B'Ham Alabama.

Your friend,

Jake

Edited by: JakeHolman on Aug 6, 2012 8:57 PM

Thank You Star,

There are cemeteries like this in Florida, too. Some seem to forget Florida was one of the first seven states to secede from the Union.

Senator David Levy Yulee was the first Jewish Senator to serve in the U.S. Senate and was an ardent supporter of the Confederacy.

Jake

Edited by: JakeHolman on Aug 13, 2012 8:40 PM

2699622924_0cb7a3b934_z.jpg

2698800595_54cf7bbcb6_z.jpg

2394033978_0c6a6a7322_z.jpg

Mississippi Farm Pond. Of all the Largemouth Bass I've caught, some

of my most enjoyable moments are when I caught the Bass standing

on the bank of a farm pond throwing my favorite lure. Taught by my Dad.

Jake in the Heartland

{font:Times New Roman}In 1985 I went through the Florida panhandle going west and kept seeing what I thought were beautiful yellow-red flowers. Eventually I realized they were burned ears of corn after a drought and was appalled. So many hopes and finances shattered and hard work with nothing to show for it!{font}

{font:Times New Roman}Like a lot of places we are dealing with storms that bring too much rain at one time or not enough and the fear of fire. My heart goes out to Texas which seems to have been taking a lot of hits over the past few years. {font}

{font:Times New Roman}Jake, is this your family in the pictures? If so you are a fortunate man on both sides of that gate-you know the one I mean. (I like pink pearls myself){font}

{font:Times New Roman}Lastly, is Madison Park in New Orleans? From the Farragut stature, I’d guess so. {font}